OT: Looking for new headphones

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by b1ue, Apr 28, 2005.

1. b1ue

b1ue it only hurts the first time...

so I'm shopping for some new headphones - I had the sony MDR-EX71SL before, and I'm tempted to get them again.

[​IMG]

Anyone recommend any better in ear h.phones for ~50 or so?

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i cant think of any ear buds that would cost 50, and they shouldnt either, ear buds are usually and should be cheap due to the fact they are made for comfort not superb quality.

if you want a better headphone and still concerned about comfort i would suggest some behind the head style headphones and not by a company such as sony. Sennheiser makes great headphones of all kinds.

3. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

You do know about Shure and Etymotic, right? I'm confused by your post, it makes it sound like earphones can't sound good... :hsugh:

However, Ronin is right about Sennheiser. I would get a closed design (sealed), because you probably want bass which an open design won't offer in large quantity.

www.headphone.com

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

im not really into ear buds 2 much, i am aware of some "Elite Earbuds" such as the company who will take a cast of your ear. forgot the name, but ive heard of it.

5. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

That didn't really clear anything up for me, lol. So you are saying you don't know much about them, or are you further stating they don't sound good or you simply don't enjoy them as much as headphones?

The name of the company you are thinking of is "Ultimate Ears" and they make $600 and $950 earbuds . The $950 are probably the most accurate listening device you can buy. They don't take a cast of your ear, an audiologist does.

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i just dont know much about them, and when im rich im going to get some ultimate ears.