OT I need your advice on a new cell phone provider

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sire, Mar 30, 2005.

1. sire

sire New Member

I am currently with nextel but they are seriously horrible and i want to change. i am not sure who to go with though it's mostly based upon who has the better cell phone really. Cingulair has the Razr 3 whereas T-Mobile has the SideKick 2. The sidekick would be nice and seems like more of a pda than a phone anyways but considering i am always at a computer anyways so i don't really have the need for email, aim and all the other ish on a phone. the razr is a awesome looking phone and seems to have very nice features. do any of you guys have any other suggestions for different phones that are in the same price range? thanks

2. Chris

Chris New Member

where you live should be your primary consideration when chossing a new provider, not the phones that they sell. Verizon has overall the best network in the country, but that doesnt mean they might not have dead spots in your area. Ask people who live and work in the same places you do and get their input, especially if they have used more than one carrier in the past.

3. Chris

Chris New Member

The only reason a company like T-Mobile (who has service allmost as bad as Nextel) has any custmers at all is beacuse they sell badass phones and people dont care that they might not even be able to use their 400 dollar toy

4. Showtime_III

Showtime_III OT Supporter

T-Mobile

5. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

Werd. Check www.howardforums.com for probably the most cell phone info you will ever need to know. You decision should be based on the service, and not the phone.

6. sire

sire New Member

t-mobile has great service around here, actually cingular and verizon do also. but nextel just sucks ass.

7. Digital_High

Digital_High New Member

Check out that howardforums site, I went there before I switched to Cingular and learned the ins and outs. Still registered there to learn the new stuff coming in.

8. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

I'm in Dallas and I get awesome coverage with T-Mobile. I love the service I've gotten for the past 3.5 years. I can use all my toys, even the $800 toys and it works just fine. I don't know where you live in this state but probably some little shithole shack in the middle of nowhere. :big grin: I kid I kid. :)

9. iceit69

iceit69 Guest

cingular=gsm!!!

10. Chris

Chris New Member

just because its "global" doesnt make it better