A&P OT: I need help in buying small digi cam

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dnepr, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Ok, i need something that i can carry around with me and just point and shoot if i like the view so i can later come back with the "good" camera.

Im looking at something in range of 200-400$ preferably with a good sized memory card

Any suggestions? Im thinking about Canon S510 or A95 what are your opinions?

2. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Ok Im thinking S70 now

3. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

I have an A75...it's small, but I wouldn't call it pocket sized so you probably should toss out the A95 as an option.

The S70 looks really nice but I've never held one so I don't really know how big it is. Another camera that looks kinda cool is the Sony DSC-W1 which is quite an acceptable size for tossing in your pocket and seemed easy enough to use during my limited time with it. The Canon SD200 or 300 look nice too and are quite tiny though I've never done more than hold one in my hand so I don't know how easy it is to use.

4. Chris51080

Chris51080 I like pie

I recently purchased the Canon SD300. It is tiny, smaller than deck of cards. It does have a manual mode, which lets you choose the film speed and exposure, +/- 2.

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I love my Sony DSC-P100. Very little delay between shots & on/off, P & M mode, 30fps .mpg movie mode (w/ pro stick).