WEB OT.. how might one accomplish this. v.audioconverstion.albumart.ftpupload

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 420am, Dec 19, 2007.

1. 420am

420am OT Supporter

I run an internet radio station >> http://www.radioxenu.com

I'm looking to make it so that our DJs can create a playlist that will be part of our rotation when no one is actually live. This is to diversify the playlist a little. I have the backend all figured out as far as playlist management and scheduling. But, right now people have to take the files they want in their playlist and re-encode them to a specific bitrate, find the album art for them and then upload them.

Do you think this would best be done server side or client side? The server I'm on is a decent unmetered dedicated server so bandwidth isn't an issue I just don't like the idea of transferring the larger file just to then re-encode (downsample to 96kb mono) it on the server side.

So, I'd like an application to re-encode the audio, help the user find some album art or browse for some and then ftp the files to my server. Like I said a server side solution isn't out of the question though.

Please let me know what you think the best approach would be and maybe some ballpark figures on what it might cost to get it done.

2. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

for bulk encoding on windows, check out the freeware version of Switch by NCH Audio.

for encoding on linux, check into lame, mpg123, sox, etc.

3. 420am

420am OT Supporter

Well deal is I want it all done at once. I can get what I need done with dbPowerAmp and some other software.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Sounds like a job for FFMPEG and Tools to me....