OT Hockey crew

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Leb_CRX, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

I know there's the australian dude, I forgot his nickname who is hardcore into hockey
    I need new skates
    budget is around 300$ CDN, 220$ USD

thinking of the vector 6.0's...I tried them on and they seem alright my only worry is they allow too much ankle play, I am on some CCM's 742's now, and they really hold the ankle, the vector's don't...at all...now is that good or not? or is it personal perferance? I feel like the 742's really limit ankle movement and it bothers me, but Ia m worried that the vector's allow too much

any feedback is good, I know nothing about skates, been playing hockey for 5 years or so :o

2. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

which vector's are you looking at? the ZG110's?

3. Leb_CRX

4. Leb_CRX

wow I looked up the ZG110....it's like a completally differant lineup

wtf is that about, I know up here we have like 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and then pro

5. Leb_CRX

oh wait I guess the #'s are lower end stuff

6. MiseryIndex

i dunno, the zg110's are over $200 :dunno:

7. Leb_CRX

ya and I can't get em local....they are probally too hardcore for me, I am not that good of a player

:o

8. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Its c4.

And if youre looking at playing hockey seriously at all youre cheating yourself if youre not gonna look at Bauer Vapors or any Graf series.

Stevey Y uses Grafs, but since he has a deal with Easton he sends his Grafs to the Easton factory to have the exterior changed to look like an easton. :mamoru:

9. MiseryIndex

vapors are good shit.

i still like my old school nike's though :o
    [​IMG]

10. Leb_CRX

I looked around for Graf but didn't see any last night, I am gonna try to find a more high end store, but I jut hope they are within my budget

as far as Bauer Vapor, I read up on them last night, and I heard they wear out REAL fast...hockey players and competitive players can afford it, shelling out 600$ for a pair of skates every season or two, is overkill for me

11. Leb_CRX

I thought of Nike's, but no one really recommended them, they seem to be a good 'blah' skate, nothing special..but please correct me if I'm wrong

12. Leb_CRX

it frustrates the hell out of me picking shit like this

I am always worried I will buy something I dont like and get stuck with it, or not get the best bang for my buck

13. RunDMT

RunDMT OT Supporter

Just try on as many skates as you can, go with what feels right on your foot. I have wide flat feet and haven't found a Bauer or Graf that feels right but love most CCM's

14. Nick P

Nick P I do it daily and like it, but that's my style

Good hockey players don't need high-end skates to improve their game. :mamoru:

We hosted a Russian team in 8th grade and half of their skates were plastic and being held together with duct tape and they skated circles around all of us. It was fucking amazing.

I just started playing ice again this summer for the first time since high school.. using my old-school Bauer Air 90s.. :hsd:

15. Leb_CRX

:bowdown:

yo that's me too man, I haven't played since I was like 14 (skated once a while, and outside but nothing organized)...decided this summer to sign up...been loving it since :o

new equipment about 1K but you gotta spoil yourself sometimess :hsd:

16. Leb_CRX

I went to a specialty store and tried on a shitload...and I am more confused then when I went in

basically looks like you get what you pay for...or at least in the same price range..so like the CCM in the 300$ range doesn't perform better than the bauer, or rebook, or nike...they are all built very simular, just diff fit

each one of those fuckers fits differant...not sure which one I like, I am going to a diff store and gonna waste more salesperson's time :hs:

17. Nick P

Nick P I do it daily and like it, but that's my style

:bigthumb:

Yeah now I'm realizing how much fun I was missing.. I just bought a Bauer 8000 helmet and some cheap elbow pads (my old ones were too bulky), I wouldn't mind new skates :o

BTW have you checked out http://www.hockeygiant.com for stuff? They seem to have killer deals on ice skates. They ship internationally..

http://www.hockeygiant.com/ice-hockey-skates-senior-ice-hockey-skates---sizes-6---up.html

18. Leb_CRX

werd

I had to buy all new equipment, but still worth it...but they al had to be broken in, it was so bad I fell first game and twisted my ankle bad...had to take a break for a few games...that shit was uncomfortable but now it's all groovy :mamoru:

thats a sweet link, might check it out when I buy but to be honest I dont mind paying a bit more for local store that help me out...ya know for the good service :hsd:

19. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

ehhh...I am not a big fan of CCM's but that is because I don't like the feel. You really have to get out on the ice to know whether you are going to like the skate or not, sadly they don't like it when you sharpen the blade and send them back. What brand did you have before?

20. ideeosinkruhcee

ideeosinkruhcee With time and tons of food, I'll someday upgrade t

trust me when i suggest MISSION skates. they are the most comfortable skates i've ever used. right now i'm using my old ccm's for rollerhockey, but next year i'll be back in a pair of missions for sure.

21. Leb_CRX

I am stil on tack's 742's

I had tack's too back in the day when they first came out...but my old man bought them too big for me so I can grow into the,...but I grew like 1 size too big for them :hs:...so thats why I got the 742's...I mean they fit me ok, no problems, sometimes hte sole hurts when I dont skate, but that kind fo went away after I broke them in I think...took a long ass time but it's gone...so I am worried if I buy new CCM's, that the pain comes back and it only went away cause they overstretched for my foot :o

22. Leb_CRX

I got a game in an hour

I can't wait :eek3d:

had to tell somebody

10 games
    9 losses
    1 win
    my team rocks :hsugh:

:eek3d:

23. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Ya, I just read that, my reading comprehension sucks today. I personally prefer Bauers in a wide size, but I also have a wide foot and a high arch. I would say go to the store and try them all on, that is if you are in a place that actually has a hockey shop, unlike Memphis.

24. MiseryIndex

honestly, i just switched from mission to ccm, & i find the ccm much more comfortable, with much better ankle support. i think it just depends on the foot. my feet are kinda wide. with bauer skates i wear a size D.

25. Leb_CRX

ya Ottawa's full of them..comeone man it's canada, no doubt abouuuuted

I was on easton's website and they have a test drive a skate thing, and one was located in Ottawa...well I called the place, to get more info and it's for a 800$ skate...NOT IN...but they are the only shop listed there, so they are hardcore...and I was talking to the guy adn they seem to know their shit, so I told him I wanted to buy one but was worried what if I didnt find the skate comfortable, he laughed and said they make sure to fit the customer's themself and that will not be the case...and I double checked htey carry most big brands

going there sometime before end of the week...to try some on...my birthday is june 30th and getting the parents to buy me skates :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.