OT help me please, bios error

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mak, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Mak

Mak New Member

It'll be great if someone can help me in anyways to get rid of this. I've been around on google searching around to fix this issue and tried almost everything yet i cant get rid of it. what happens is when I turn on the computer it goes straight to this screen that says "bios rom checksum error" and asks me to put a system disk into my floppy drive.

I've put the system disk in and tried doing so, but in the end it says there's not enough memory and it has to quit. That didnt work, I also read on google that you can restore the bios to a default setting if you take out the battery out of hte motherboard for about 5-10 minutes and put it back in. I also did that but it's still the same problem. I would load the bios recovery disk but I cant even get windows to load, I cant even log into the bios menu option.

Has anyone had this problem before? and how did you fix it? any help would be great. thanks

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

You wouldn't happen to have the bios write protect jumper on when you try to flash the bios, do you?

3. Mak

Mak New Member

i dont really know abou flashing the bios or anything, but i did go to the main site where the motherboard was and downloaded the flash+bios. But the problem is i cant even load that up because basically when i turn on the computer it's either i put the system disk in or nothing happens. and what's this bios write protect jumper?

thanks for your help