OT, help me make a plan I can stick to!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Sephiroth, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth New Member

Here's the deal: I have a goal of improving my health and fitness, before the wannabes on Jan 1 get started. I would like to start a gradual exercise and diet program to help me improve my overall fitness level over the long term and lose a few pounds as well. I'm not looking to be model thin, as I had an issue with anorexia a few years ago. I just want to be healthy.

Stats:
    Female: (no I will not send you pics)
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 173

Goal Weight: approxamately 150 lbs. (I'd be happy with 155, but the 'woman' in me wants to set lower expectations..so I'm cutting it off at 150 for now.)

Steps to reach goal that I have taken include:
    --membership at local Y
    --enrolled in Nutrition course for January

I also eat oatmeal 3-4 times a week, am limiting my intake of foods with high fructose corn syrup, and for lunches (and some dinners) eat Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine meals.

I am however a terrible cook. I love veggies, but am not a big meat eater. Probably because boyfriend loves meat, but also loves the bad for you food...I eat a lot of whatever he does. (he is quite fit, btw.)

Also, I am a former fencer, so I'm not completely foreign to physical activity. However, as a student with a limited budget, I cannot hire a trainer, pay for lessons, or even go to fencing practice for the next year and a half b/c of school (night/weekend classes).

I'd like to start running...I'm really bad at it though. I look like Phoebe from Friends when I run. :mamoru: Also, my weight is distributed rather proportionally. I'm what ppl would consider a "pear" shape, but I have always had bad legs. Meaning, no one in my family has ankles. We're all rather meaty.

So I have no illusions (anymore) about being a petite, stick-thin woman. I just want to improve my cardiovascular fitness, tone my muscles, and reduce the amt. of stress in my life. This last part is especially important, as I'm starting Nursing school in January, and it is also important to me that I set a good example for the patients I will be caring for.

Ideas/support? Thanks....

2. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

No need to send photos... post them here!

Ass shot in thong!!

3. crown royal

crown royal Active Member

CalorieKing.com. 45 dollars to use the software, but it's a great 45 dollars.

Just make it a point to go to the gym and do stuff. cardio, lifting, etc. Just move.

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth New Member

update

Well, I just got back from a whirlwind trip to see the family. Thought I was doing well most of the trip, watched my portions, but did indulge in small amounts of sweets. Didn't drink enough water. On the trip back, me and the BF got some icky fast food though. blech.

Weighed myself last night when we got home...was up to 179 :noes:

So I immediately went online and joined Weight Watchers. I used to be in it years ago and it worked, till I stopped going. Had lost 20 pounds. It's true what they say, you stop journaling what you eat, start estimating, and you can end up consuming a lot more calories than what you think.

Also, I've been very much a non-exersiser. If I want to be honest, it's been like 2 years since I've seriously worked out.

And I woke up sick with a cold today. All in all, my nutrition/fitness sucks, and I'm paying for it with my health.

So I've decided to do something about it, on my own. I have a gym membership that I never use, which will get used again once I'm not sick. They have free personal training there, so my first goal is to make a visit for a fitness assessment for next week.

I'm starting up the next semester, too, and am taking a diet and nutrition class. That should help, too.

The good news is, that either because of me drinking lots of fluids, or being sick, I'm down 5 pounds today from yesterday. Which I'm sure was water weight from salt, etc.

So. Now I'm keeping track of what I'm eating online. Starting small, building good habits gradually, so that I don't just quit like everyone else does in a month.

To that end: can anyone recommend some good, healthy cooking books? I'm looking for the majority of the recipies to be grilled, baked, sauteed, etc. I eat a lot of boneless skinless chicken breasts, so I'm looking for some decent recipes beyond "Shake and Bake" meals.

Thanks...

5. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

nudes STAT

6. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Ass shot of pear in thong

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

You guys are assholes. Grow the fuck up.

8. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

http://download.yousendit.com/37DD63AE712DEBA6

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth New Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.