OT: Help me get this job!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maverick, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I was in the mall today and I asked one of the cell phone booths for an application. The chick in the booth wrote down her name and told me to call a number. I called after I left and said I was looking for a job, explained my schedule and he said he wanted an interview. I consider myself to be somewhat knowledgable about cell phones and how to sell contracts. What I need is some advice for the interview to sink the job! :hsd:

2. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

you need to be able to bullshit. a lot of the questions are going to be something ilke tell me about a time when you had a customer that had a problem. what did you do and what was the result? That's going to be most of the interview. All the questions won't be related to sales/cell phones, so you can use past experience from school, jobs, etc. Basically learn how to hustle and bullshit and the jbo is yours

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

4. if its Alert Cellular or Diamond Wireless, do yourself a favor and bomb the interview!

Remember, its not what you sell. doesnt matter. a good salesman can sell phones as well as he can sell dirt.
    the only job requirment is being able to get to the core of what the customer needs, and truly believe that your company has the best solution, be able to present it as a viable solution, and close the deal. If you are good, the deal closes itself. once you get into it, you will develop skills on how to bring conversation back to the sale, how to overcome objections, how to read smokescreens and mirror people, and when to know you are wasting time and how to ship someone!
    Start with the first part. if you are good the rest will follow. If your not, well, sales has a way of weeding itself out naturaly...