OT: Help me get in shape..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by verbal, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verbal

verbal Active Member

...as fast as possible with what I have. I don't have much when it comes to equipment and I don't have the ability to go to the gym right now.

Stats-- 5'8" 156lbs (what I weighed about a month ago.)

Like everyone else, I just want to look good naked. I'm already pretty scrawny, but this is the most I've ever weighed in my life. I'm starting to feel my stomach jiggle sometimes and that has to stop. :hs:

What I have:

Assorted Dumbbells and a few shitty free weights.
    A Total Gym that someone gave me. It's better than nothing.
    Stationary bike.

The past couple weeks I've been doing a full body workout on the Total Gym M W F. I was riding the stationary bike after workout but now that it's warm out I'm going to start running.

I don't plan on watching my diet. My daughter was just born so I barely have the time to workout. A couple years ago I worked out on a regular basis for about nine months and had great results without changing my diet. I know I'd get better results, but I'll probably change the diet eventually.

My main questions are:

Since I have minimal, crap equipment, should I keep doing full body every workout or should I isolate certain days?

The only supplements I'm taking now are GNC Mega Men vitamins and whey. I've tried creatine but it makes me shit like crazy. Is there anything else I should get that would help me?

I didn't think the post was going to be this long. Thanks for reading and thanks for any replies.

2. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

"I don't plan on watching my diet."

Well you can just delete this thread and never come back to F&N.

3. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

Actually that was a little harsh. Delete the thread and come back to F&N when you want to make progress. There, that's better. :o

4. cls

cls Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in

You won't get really lean without watching your diet :dunno: You can out-train a lousy diet... but you already said you barely have time to workout. You're going to either have to comromise time w/ your daughter to workout more or watch your diet. I'd watch your diet if I were you.

5. jonno

jonno New Member

you're doomed :o

6. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

7. Drewski

Drewski New Member

+1

if you can't even have the little bit of dedication required to keep your diet in check, even with a hella job and new kid it can be done, then you're pretty much SOL.

if you want to bulk up google body weight exercises, but again if you can't keep your diet in check then it ain't gonna do you much good.

But to answer your questions:
    1)Total body
    2)At you're level of dedication & experience, no

8. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

9. verbal

verbal Active Member

Like I said though, working out and cardio three times a week gave me really good results back in the day. And then I was eating fast food 2-3 times a day, and drinking beer like a fish 3 times a week.

I already have a high metabolism. Now I eat a LOT healthier. A good workout schedule would help me tremendiously.

I'm not trying to enter tournaments or anything. I don't understand why not watching my diet is a "deal breaker." Isn't exercise better than nothing?

10. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

what exactly does your diet NOW consist of if its alot healthier than before?

11. Plan B

Plan B New Member

wait, what?

You want to stuff your face and get in shape?

Your daughter was just born, and you don't have time to work out?

I'm a single parent and I find time to work out 5 days a week, only two days I can't are monday/tuesday.

:gtfo:

12. awdboost

awdboost New Member

:iobarf:

How do u expect anyone to take you serious if you ask help me get in shape, but I am not planning to watch your diet. :nono:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.