OT has some dough ($$$) crew....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by synthetic, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synthetic

synthetic New Member

im serious.... ive been thinking of opening up a gym - healthfood shop.. here in brazil.

anyone interested? property is cheap, i would work and live on site, it would be an outdoor gym with indoor showers, possibly retractable roof. Brazil has a large unexploited market, and tourism is on the rise here. Yea I can do something in the US, but the fintess market is saturated and there is the need for insurance.

2. Satellite

Satellite Guest

Yeah, Sweet idea. Let me send you a check. What is your address and name?

3. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

just sent you $1.5 mil through payapal good luck

4. Sammo

Sammo New Member

:rofl:

5. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

I've been thinking about becoming a VC, so pitch me your idea, post your BP and lets get some lulz out of it

6. logikbomb

logikbomb Who's there? Cuz you're gonna get nothin but holes

:rofl:

7. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I don't know many muscular Brazilians. Don't most of the "in-shape" ones just get so by playing sports on a beach or something. And they're just usually focused on being thin/lean. Not really concerned with building real muscle.

And the girls... well, they're just born with rocking bodies.

I don't know man. I'd do a SWOT analysis and see what demand you'd really have for sustained growth over there.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  8. strubbe

strubbe New Member

SWOT :o

Maybe a 5 forces analysis as well. Though I think everyone here knows nothing will come of this. :hs:

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

:rofl::rofl:

Good catch. I was watching "24" last night and had a dream my buddy and I were on a special forces government SWAT team. The dream was pretty badass, so I woke up thinking about what it would be like to be a member of a SWAT team or ATF, lol. I guess it carried over.

10. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

open an O lifting gym

11. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

yeah because so many awesome lifters have come from brazil. they really dont give a fuck about weightlifting

12. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

DEAR SIR,

CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

HAVING CONSULTED WITH MY COLLEAGUES AND BASED ON THE INFORMATION GATHERED FROM THE NIGERIAN CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY, I HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO REQUEST FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE TO TRANSFER THE SUM OF $47,500,000.00 (FORTY SEVEN MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) INTO YOUR ACCOUNTS. THE ABOVE SUM RESULTED FROM AN OVER-INVOICED CONTRACT, EXECUTED COMMISSIONED AND PAID FOR ABOUT FIVE YEARS (5) AGO BY A FOREIGN CONTRACTOR. THIS ACTION WAS HOWEVER INTENTIONAL AND SINCE THEN THE FUND HAS BEEN IN A SUSPENSE ACCOUNT AT THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA APEX BANK.

WE ARE NOW READY TO TRANSFER THE FUND OVERSEAS AND THAT IS WHERE YOU COME IN. IT IS IMPORTANT TO INFORM YOU THAT AS CIVIL SERVANTS, WE ARE FORBIDDEN TO OPERATE A FOREIGN ACCOUNT; THAT IS WHY WE REQUIRE YOUR ASSISTANCE. THE TOTAL SUM WILL BE SHARED AS FOLLOWS: 70% FOR US, 25% FOR YOU AND 5% FOR LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXPENSES INCIDENT TO THE TRANSFER.

THE TRANSFER IS RISK FREE ON BOTH SIDES. I AM AN ACCOUNTANT WITH THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC). IF YOU FIND THIS PROPOSAL ACCEPTABLE, WE SHALL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

(A) YOUR BANKER'S NAME, TELEPHONE, ACCOUNT AND FAX NUMBERS.

(B) YOUR PRIVATE TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS -- FOR CONFIDENTIALITY AND EASY COMMUNICATION.

(C) YOUR LETTER-HEADED PAPER STAMPED AND SIGNED.

ALTERNATIVELY WE WILL FURNISH YOU WITH THE TEXT OF WHAT TO TYPE INTO YOUR LETTER-HEADED PAPER, ALONG WITH A BREAKDOWN EXPLAINING, COMPREHENSIVELY WHAT WE REQUIRE OF YOU. THE BUSINESS WILL TAKE US THIRTY (30) WORKING DAYS TO ACCOMPLISH.

PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY.

BEST REGARDS

13. daballer2005

daballer2005 New Member

14. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

15. synthetic

synthetic New Member

bla heh must have a the fever coming down if im asking on OT. only exercise ive been able to do here in cumbuco beach near fortaleza is lifting rocks of broken buildings and running on the beach. actually the area im in is high in german tourists who are into kite surfing. Well i guess maybe my main point of the thread has anyone considered opening a gym?

16. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Meh, SWOT and 5 Forces will at least tell you if it's a COMPLETE dogshit idea or something worth looking more into.

But they are by themselves a pretty sophomoric way of looking at a company or industry.

17. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

What does tourism have to do with a gym?
    Why Brazil? A Portuguese speaking country surrounded by predominantly Spanish speaking countries. Tougher for market research.
    Can you think of any reasons why there are no decent gyms there-- or, better yet, have there ever been any decent gyms that have gone under before?
    Are you looking at a different nation through a United States lens? I wouldn't open a bodybuilding gym in an Asian country where everyone learns martial arts. Get what I'm saying?

This is a big issue with managers in the United States. They forget that the world is only flat in some senses, and that in a lot of ways other countries are nothing like America and their citizens do not have similar wants/needs.

I mean, fuck, as I think about it a million more issues come up.

Who are the PTs? Gonna find some swole ass Brazilian dudes who are ACE certified? Not a chance. Gonna rely on them to bring in customers?

Do it if you want.

But IMO don't open a SINGLE, unfranchised gym for the money.

18. strubbe

strubbe New Member

Hoovers.com might have some basic information. :dunno:

Used that for doing some projects for an internship, but we had the full paid version which gave a TON more info.

19. synthetic

synthetic New Member

argh why do people have to think a gym is for bodybuilding in the sense of trying to look like arnold. remember brazilian jujitsu? anyways there is a serious problem of people here with heart attacks as all they do is eat meat, any its ridiculously cheap. tourists like me are addicted to the gym..... also dont need PT cert here... remember insurance not needed. I was thinking of buying o-lifting equipment and equip for first timers, separating the sections of the gyms, and also a kickboxing area. im not looking to make huge profit, just enough to live here in comfort. I have access to a venture capitol company but as always you need to open with your bank $ first. there is a health craze building up, amny sushi joints opening, snack shops focusing on low fat food, and trans fats are labeled here.

20. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

yep - property's too expensive out here, though - but if i moved back to IL near where my 'rents live...

21. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I don't think there's any money to be made opening a gym... at least in N. America. Folks asked me if I wanted to consider opening a personal training studio... no thanks. Just tie me up commitment wise and would now have to worry about the overhead as well. A high school friend opened a gym almost 10 years ago...has moved locations once but still barely scraping by from the looks of it.

22. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

I'd have to agree. The market is so saturated with the same run of the mill gyms all over. You'd have to target a special group of people with a specialty exercise such as "hot yoga" or something different than the norm.

There is a woman that opened up a stripper pole aerobics class and she is cleaning up. Simple layout, low overhead and has classes several times a day throughout the week...

23. Helios

Helios New Member

:werd: Most people who workout seriously are not bodybuilding.

Where at in Brazil are you? Gyms and gnc-like stores are pretty common in Rio, less so in the rest of the country.

24. Finest

Finest OG #93

Open gym, free 4 week supply of tren with 1 yr membership.

Besides, can you imagine all the hot thick Brazillian women who would flock to your gym?! :eek3::naughty::bowdown:

25. synthetic

synthetic New Member

sao paulo and fortaleza...fortaleza is way up north and not modern like rio and sao paulo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.