OT halp me v. dead motherboard

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ElCidKid, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

I've been through 2 EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI motherboards, the first one I had for about 4 months worked fine everyday then one day it stopped working and I got a boot failure error after lots of troubleshooting I RMA'ed the board, the new board did the exact same thing the instant that got eveything hooked up. I got a new CPU thinking it was a CPU failure, tested different RAM, PS, Video card, you name it. Now I'm kinda pissed a EVGA for the shitty board and I'm in the market for a new one and looking for recommendations for a good solid, stable motherboard. I like the EVGA cause of all the extra on-board features but I dont run SLI or overclock.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Maybe you have shitty power at your house.

3. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

everything else works :dunno:

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

By everything else, do you mean other computers? Are they using the same type of power supply? I ask because you've had multiple parts failures in that one machine, and computers are generally the most power-sensitive devices in a building. Your stereo and your shredder might not care, but that doesn't mean there isn't dirty power -- unless you have other computers that don't care, that is.

Anyway, I like ASUS motherboards.