OT - give me your opinion on my personal drama that you don't care about.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by xpinchx, Nov 2, 2007.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I'll just make this whole post cliffs for your convenience.

Rewind 2 years ago. I start a new job and quickly befriend one of the guys I work with. We hang out and party every weekend and we form a pretty close-knit group of friends with some other people we work with and my current SO.

Fast forward to a few months ago. He puts together a trip to CA as like an end-of-summer blast. Me, him, my SO, and one of our closest girl friends decide it's a good idea but we're not sure how we're going to pay for it. But we decide we'll try to figure it out and he gets everybody's tickets online.

About 2 weeks before the trip, my parent's house sells, and I'm forced to move out and I decide to transfer schools to where my SO goes and move out with her. Selling the house, transferring schools, and finding a place to live all went down in about 1 week. I already had very little money to begin with and now no job in my new city. We panic and try to find a way to pay for the trip, and the general agreement is that we were gonna pay him with our student loan refunds. We quickly find out that we can't afford the trip and decide to cut our losses and pay for the tickets because they're non-refundable. So 3 days before the trip we drop out of the trip.

So he gets suspicious and thinks we're parting from the $300 a little too easily and suspects we won't pay, so he holds our concert tickets (scheduled for after the CA trip) hostage and asks that we pay half. I said fuck you, I told you we would pay you as soon as our refunds get in. He tells me and my SO to our faces that he doesn't trust us that we will. We end up paying him, but my loan gets fucked up and I have to wait ~2 months for the refund to process. We don't talk to him the whole time and he gets pussyhurt because we didn't keep him up to date.

Fast forward to a couple days ago and we give him the rest of the money and I say "fuck it, let's put it behind us. Shit will never be the same, but there's no reason we can't be civil and hang out when all our friends are hanging out." and he sends us a short novel via e-mail about how he still thinks he was right for doing what he did and he's a prick about it.

So... what do you do here? I don't even give a shit about the money anymore, the only real issue now is that he's a faggot and said he doesn't trust me or my SO with a measly $300. :cjerk: That's my opinion though. Thoughts? Sorry this post got so long.

2. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

Guy sounds like a dick, you guys are prolly better of without him:bigthumb:

3. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

That sucks man. I hate it when people don't trust me. Expecially my friends.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well I don't know what you really want from this...You already know he was kind of a dick...but it's over. You said yourself you are over the money issue and trying to move past all this. So what do you want? It sounds like you are torn between wanting to put it behind you and trying to understand if you should be angrier at the guy and lose him as a friend. Do you still want to be friends with this guy? I know I wouldn't want to be friends with him after how he acted, but then again is it something worth throwing away a friendship for?

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

you knew to begin with you didn't have sufficient funds for the trip, I mean I'd be a little questionable too if i paid for a friends tix when they didn't have much to begin with; friend or no friend.

i'm sure he just wanted his money :dunno:

hence why i'll never lend friends money. money brings out the uglies in people. next time something like this comes up, and you don't have the funds, decline and say maybe next time, it'll be so much easier.

it's good you can put it behind you and i think he should too

6. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I forgot to add that the other person that was going on teh trip with us has sort of been the mediator and trying to get our old group together again. :dunno: I'm willing to put it behind me for the sake of the group, but obviously it won't ever be the same between me and him.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You never know man...my personal group of friends has gone through drama a hell of a lot crazier than that an we've all survived. It just depends on who is involved and how long they hold grudge's.

8. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i think that once you all start haning out again and doing the same old stuff you've been doing, it'll be out of your minds in no time.
    friends are gonna have their scuffles, just wait it out a bit and let things run its course

9. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

I agree with this statement...almost all friends go through issues with eachother and eventually get over it and put it behind yourselves.

10. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Sounds to me like he was just trying to not get screwed. I am no saying he handled it perfectly, but you were not paying him what you told him you would. I understand the circumstances behind it, but I do not put any fault to him whatsoever. Take a minute and look at it from his point of view. Whatever the case, it would be stupid on both your parts for a friendship to end because of nonsense.

11. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Money makes people act a little fucked in the head sometimes. I've learned not to stress about how my friends handle money, they stop thinking about friendship and start thinking business.