ot give me some ideas for healthy foods that aren't disgusting - newbie

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by IceGod, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceGod

IceGod New Member

So for most of my life I've just eaten whatever the hell I want and never really gained weight, always had a high metab I guess. I'm 27 now and I think the daily fast food & sodas along with no activity is starting to catch up to me as I could tell I was puttin on weight.

So the first thing I did was switch to diet sodas and I also cut out fast food. That might be enough to make me lose weight, I dunno, I was havin 3 sodas a day or more and 1 or 2 meals were fast food usually. Lots of sugar snacks like cookies & ice cream etc too, sugary cereals etc. Anyways I'm cuttin out all that obvious stuff.

As far as what else to do I don't really know. I tried low fat mayo and it was disgusting, it made my turkey sandwhich all dry and nasty tasting. 2% milk is ok, so I've been usin that instead of whole milk regularly. The only meal I know how to make that's modreately healthy is like chicken marinated in teriyaki sauce & rice on the side, but sometimes I like butter + salt & pepper on the rice and I've heard butter is real bad for you. Unfortunately my childhood memories of margarine are not good.

What else can I make that's not unhealthy besides tuna sandwhiches, turkey sandwhiches, and chicken and rice? I know how to make other stuff sure but none of it would count as healthy afaik.

Cliffs: Healthy foods I know how to make that arent disgusting: tuna sandwhich, turkey sandwhich, chicken & rice, what are some other things I can make?

2. benny196

benny196 New Member

Nutrition edu probaly wouldn't have shit in it.

3. TZ

TZ Banned

all clean food that i make/prepare tastes like utter shit. frozen chicken on the foreman with bbq sauce :coolugh:

4. Jsweet

Jsweet Ouch, denied.

Just stay away from processed foods entirley. Dieting isnt complicated, Calories in, Calories Out. Portion control is the simplest concept many people need to grasp when trying to lose weight.

Cut the shit, stop drinking sodas, and learn to cook and love Chicken, Tuna, and Salmon.

Also you need to set a target weight in mind, dont just say "I want to lose weight", thats meaningless.

Some actual excersise and Cardio wouldnt hurt either.

5. pokpok

pokpok New Member

put mustard on everything :yum:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.