OT Females: What is your opinion of guys who live at home?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1200mk, Sep 20, 2005.

1. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

I am still in school (my last year) and I am living at home still I am considering moving out after school but not sure if I should.

Do girls really care if a guy is living on his own by the time he is 23?

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

depends on why, and what stage in life they are. my last bf was 29, living at home. but, he was army for 6 years, then moved back to gville to finish his degree and decided to live at home bc his mom lives within a block of campus. plus, it allowed him a year to get his financials in order.

if you are just at home bc you refuse to work, or are otherwise mooching, i dont care for it.

but that doesnt seem like your case.

3. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

I am 23... live at home. I chose to move back home for a year to save up the cash for a house (almost bought one yesterday :) ) and they didnt have a problem because i paid for college myself... no help from anyone... it was an even trade if you ask me.... but your sanity wont last long!!!

IMO

after school... living at home for a bit to save cash > paying rent and wasting money on an Apt.

4. ProneToEpisodes

ProneToEpisodes New Member

Location makes a HUGE difference.... I live in Orange County CA where rent for a 1 bedroom is about 1200, there is no way I could move out on my own. Even to get a 2 bedroom I'd still have about 700-800 for rent alone not including water, gas, electricity, phone, internet, car, etc.

5. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

bringing girls home while living at home sucks to say the least. :(

6. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

^^ Yeah that is the only downside.

I personally don't like it. I think it is more acceptable for a girl to live at home, and when I guy does I am like.. :sad2:

Then again I moved out a few days after I turned 18, then just recently had to move back home due to my best friend/ roommate getting pregnant (I am now 22) I see what P2E is saying about the rent/ crap and wasting money. But if you are really planning on renting for the rest of your life there is no problem with that. I am too flighty to buy a home. Wow, I got off subject.. :mamoru:

7. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

All things being mostly equal. A guy with his own place will pull way more tail than a guy that lives at home. If not because of the negative "mamma's boy" stigma, the mere logistics for having sex and spending time together will most certanly guarantee the guy living at home by himslef will most likely get more tail.

Plus you always get a couple of cool guy points when you invite everyone to your house to keep drinking after the club. Specially if one or two other guys have already said we cant go to their house cuz their mom dosent want people over that late.

Who do you think is more likely to get some that night? Me that I have my own place and can throw a party whenever I please. Or mamma's boy? Plus regardless of the girls point of view. The tranquility and indepence of living w/o parents or roomates is priceless.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Yeah.. There was one guy that I was with who conveniently forgot to mention to me that his 'home' was actualy his parents basement with sheets hanging from the cieling as the only privacy.

I was a little :ugh:, but to get back at him, I just was a little bit more loud than normal :o:rofl: I guess his parents had a nice talk with him the next day about not bringing any more women over (this guy was like 26!!)

9. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

i would be more inclined to move out if rent wasn't so expensive.

10. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

rent is a waste of money.... this depends of course on your location as stated above....

I am getting a house here within the next few months that will cost the same as it would to rent something smaller.... and I am building equity!

11. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

Yeah it is tough to say. I would definetely say it is more acceptable for a woman to live at home. Unfortunately one of those double standards. I moved out the day after I turned 18. I moved home to take care of my mom after my step father passed for like 6 months and then moved right back out. Where I live it is expensive to rent but as said before at this point in time i have no business buying a house. I am perfectly fine renting. But to get back on topic it all depends on how much freedom you want. I must say don't live at home and expect to be able to act like a bachelor cause it isn't going to happen no matter how old you are.

12. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

how much is it? how much you down?

13. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I rather date a man who lives at home, and banks his money, preparing for the future downpayment on a home, then one who rents.

14. Schadenfreude13

Schadenfreude13 New Member

Depends on the situation. If you're doing it to save up to buy a house (with a plan, not just a "yeah, so I'm like, saving some money, may take a few years..."), or you've just moved, or must live at home to take care of your mother, then it's OK.

It also depends on the girl, I was in my own apartment at 21 (after 4 years of living in campus housing, so technically out on my own at 17). I'm more independant than most, so a guy who's still cohabiting with his parents is a turn off

15. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

this is how i think most females feel about this topic.

16. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

o and banging when you are living at home really sucks! cant be too loud :(

17. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

im 23 and i live at home. :(

18. kai-li

kai-li New Member

You know it really depends on where he is from and the circumstances. When I was living in the states, most people run out of the door and say see ya to their parents the day that they turn 18, americans try to live at school and get their own apartments by a very young age.

Its not the same here in Australia, well at least where I live in Queensland, children are much older than Americans before they move out, most not leaving home until they are making a comfortable living, maybe upwards of 25-- I know some kids still at home and they are nearing 30. Housing is expensive in Oz, rent isn't cheap, so its easier to stay at home.

I think its kinda weird, but if I really liked the guy we would make it work. Hell you could live in China or Japan-- and live in that house all your life with your parents and your grandparents. How is that for privacy? :noes:

19. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

really depends on where he's going in life... does he have goals that he is actually REALLY working to achieve or is it all b.s. just talking out his ass kind of stuff that he "plans" to do in the future? If he is currently backing it up I would consider dating him. I always said... never date a guy who says he WILL change. Only date those who have.

If he's living at home and waiting tables and thats pretty much it... I probably wouldn't have anything to do with him outside a friendship. I want someone who is serious about life and has high expectations of himself. I like someone who has intiative and ambition. Those are great qualities. I don't want to fall for someone who is happy coasting through life paycheck to paycheck. I've always been someone who puts money in the bank. I don't by any means need a sugar daddy but I want stability and comfort. Goals are a powerful thing. No one wants a dead beat.

20. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

When I was 23 I lived at home. I'm 24 now and moved out into an apt. I'm still in school and work 30 hours a week. Lots of girls looked down on me for living at home, but you know what? Fuck them. If they are that shallow then they aren't worth your time. NOW if you didn't go to school and had no job then you woudl be a loser .

21. purplebeast

Im not saying she a gold digger............

22. purplebeast

:bsflag: I make 38K per yr while going to school and live very confortably by myself. Granted Im always busy with school and/or work. But it can be fairly easily done. Where there is a will there is a way.

23. purplebeast

:rofl:

I love your AV. I havent seen memin pinguin in yrs. You a fan?

24. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

i plan to live at home till I pay off my student loans and save up for the downpayment on the house. You are an idiot if you pass up on free rent thats 800-1000 bucks a month for same size room I get at home/utilities/parking area. Enjoy throwing money away impressing the whores.

2 things my bussiness proffessor said:
    1-stay at home as long as possible to save money from rent
    2-keep your fixed costs low(absolute must payments per month)

25. purplebeast

And that is a very good aproach IF you can do it. Now that I live on my own I would definately apreciate how nice it is to live rent free with mom. However, before I had the experience of living on my own. All the extra cash that I had from living at home. Was just that, extra cash. For drinking, clothes, toys for my car, etc.