OT F&N Crew: I need some help shopping.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DC, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DC

DC OT Supporter

I know this thread title sounds :greddy: but I need help preparing an anti-fatass shopping list.

As of right now I've lost around 30lb with nothing but working out and eating a bit cleaner. I still have a long way to go my friends, and that's why I've enlisted your help. I've spoken to some of you guys and you do happen to know a lot about this stuff. :wavey:

I have no problem with working out, still doing my normal routine, but I've hit a wall when it comes to buying healthy food.

I would like to get, either from you guys, or from a link you guys give me, a comprehensive list of foods to eat while I'm trying to massively cut. My biggest problem is I go to the store, don't know what to buy, and end up buying shitty food. I'd like a comprehensive list of foods that are good for weight loss, and if you guys know of any sites, throw the links up.

If you guys stick with me, I promise I'll give you one of the most amazing before/after week by week gifs EVER. I'm so sick of lugging an extra person around anywhere I go. My goal is to have a defined body in 2 years. The reason I set that goal is because the longer I wait, the more complications I'll have with the losing weight (skin elasticity, all kinds of fun stuff like that)

It's not much, but knowing that you helped save a fattie from certian doom could buy you a couple karma points :wiggle:

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

stick to the basics

Protein:
    chicken, lean meat, fish, eggs

Carbs:
    Oatmeal, most veggies, occasional multigrain breads

Fats:
    fish oil and flax oil

supplements:
    multivitamin, green tea, lecithin

3. DC

DC OT Supporter

So it's best to take a fish/flax oil supplement even if I'm cutting? See, I don't know shit about supplements right now, when I'm in the store I always see it, but them I'm like 'fish oil is fat, that's not good for a fat guy' but apparently logic doesn't kick in, reminding me of good and bad fats.

4. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Yes, there are good fats and bad fats. You need some fat to help you burn body fat.

5. DC

DC OT Supporter

Also...offtopic here, no disrespect to anybody who uses the equipment properly....but every time I go to the gym, why are there fucking frat boy college douchebags 'hanging out' at the smith machine? They're always there doing pussy amounts of weight with 10 of their closest friends, and never seem to walk away from the machine. I'm not even brolycrew, so I have no right to bitch at people in better shape than me but jesus. If you want to hang out, go somewhere else. I've got other places to be when I get done working out.

Also a question. How does Iced Tea rate on the scale of good/bad. Our water at the apt sucks, so I've been drinking iced tea w/ artificial sweetener quite often. Should I give that up too?

6. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

make it green tea and you are set

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Omega-3 sups can boost metabolism. I recall seeing a study where the boosts were between 100 and 400 cals a day.
    You also needs fat for lots of physical functions.

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Very much so. My standard supps, no matter what:

-Fish oil
    -Multi
    -Vitamin C

Fish oil is retardedly good for helping out just about every body function.

Probably the biggest thing that will help you is just learning to up your protein and learning to control your portion size. There's no such thing as a forbidden food in my book- there is such a thing as too much of ANY food, even so-called "clean" foods.

9. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

aside from fish oil you want to get some additional unsaturated fats in your diet as well. Nuts and nut butters are a good source, just watch the amounts carefully.

iced tea is fine as long as you're not buying one made with sugar.

10. Piracy

Piracy New Member

i'm too lazy to really cook anything. either fully cooked or regular frozen chicken breasts, lean pocket ultras, south beach diet pizza & breakfast burritos, some sort of healthy cereal, and water seem to be what i regularly buy. i snack on almonds from time to time but they are pretty calorie dense. i've lost ~130 lbs living off of this shit and a nice supply of supplements, just pay attention to how many calories you're getting, keep the protein up and keep working out.

although tonight i ate half a medium pizza and 10 boneless wings, cheat weekend :o

11. DC

DC OT Supporter

Damn, ~130lb? Congrats man. Hopefully I'll be able to say that soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.