OT Corp in EVE Online?

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by shohan, Nov 12, 2006.

1. shohan

shohan New Member

So I'm in the free trial for EVE Online and was wondering if there was an OT Corp? Pretty cool game, it's a big change from FFXI which I'm losing interest in. I can't stand to wait for PTs anymore in that game so I thought I'd try something else.

Anyone else play?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I played about 3 years ago...haven't been back since. It just takes too damned long to get anywhere in that game. It's fun till it gets boring then I just quit cuz it never got fun again.

Also, if you get sick of paying the monthly fee, check out the X series of games...like X3 Reunion. Graphics are comparable to EVE, if not better and you get a first person view from your cockpit. Also, you can buy stations and build a HUGE fleet of ships. These games do have some sort of plot but most people just ignore the plot and play the game however they want. The only thing I miss is chatting with other people while playing the game but other than that it's very well done. Here's the link to the devs web page:

http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  3. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

I'd be more into the game if they added the ability to get out of your ship and run around as an avatar. I've tried it numerous times, even had some fun PvP stories involving macro miners but in the end it just felt soulless.

X3 is a really cool space game but I reccomend downloading the cockpit addon for it. The graphics in X3 are better than EVE if your system can handle it.

4. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Very boring game... if you can call it that. You basically look at your ship mine, then you stay in the GUI sorting and selling shit. Wow, fun... :ugh2:

5. shohan

shohan New Member

So far it hasn't been boring for me, but I could understand how it could be for some people. Being able to afk mine in high sec space is nice because I can get other things done while still being productive in game as well as training skills. For excitement just do some missions. The different agents give different missions for example the agent I'm doing missions for is Security: 90% Kill, 5% Courier, 5% Trade.

Anyways, I ended up subscribing to EVE about a week ago and got up the nerve to quit FFXI today. Gave all my stuff away, spent all my conquest points, deleted my mules and my main, and cancelled the content ids... No turning back now.

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

woah...holy crap. I never delete chars or give stuff away when I cancel....never know when I'm going to get the urge to play again. Nice to have higher lvl stuff instead of starting over.

I liked EVE till I didn't. That sounds wierd but it's the truth. Was fun as hell for awhile then it was just boring. Friends kept me playing tho.

7. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

:ugh:

Get out of your Covetors and Navy Ravens and go shoot some people.

8. Vistrix

Vistrix So Say We All

So there is no OT Corp in Eve?

9. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

There used to be, but not anymore.

10. Twinturbos101

Twinturbos101 OT Supporter

I just stated playing again after a few month hiatus. Only have 2,038,195 skill points though so I'm still a noob I guess :hs:

11. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

I played in the OT corp until the drama and separation then went to prax who got me down to 0.0 for almost completely safe mining and ratting...

I think my problem was I completely forgot there was fighting involved and spent all my time whording money...

made a billion in 3 weeks I think in 0.0 and then sold it for real cash and quit due to RL issues.

Vincent gaines was probably the one I talked to only on there..

12. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

never heard of this game... is it something a casual gamer could get into?

13. Kramp Easy Lube

Kramp Easy Lube Cause = Time OT Supporter

Hard to say really. It takes a completely differant approach on leveling then most games do.

Instead of having to kill things/do things to gains skills/levels you just set which skill to train in. After a required amount of hours, you learn the skill. You don't even have to be logged in for this to happen.

It's great that you don't have to put hundreds of hours into leveling, but you can never catch up to those who have played for longer.

I'm opening a new trial account to start playing :o

14. Twinturbos101

Twinturbos101 OT Supporter

While this is true in a sense it is also misleading. You have to keep in mind that someone playing longer than you may be training things that aren't combat oriented, or may be spreading their points out.

If you choose a path/role and stick with it, you can find yourself being able to compete with older players.

15. flyin_gnome

flyin_gnome New Member

woot RevII is out