OT Broly crew opinions needed v.diet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by spitfyre, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

Long story short use to lift wieghts(every other day at least 3 timses a week plus some cardio) not body building but just to get in better shape. Hurt my shoulder stopped for a while starting over again and so far so good but when it comes to dieting I have many questions. List below is what i ate yestuday

7am small bowl of cereal (special k)
    930 am 3 egg mushroom omlett minus 2 egg yokes with 1 piece of flax seed toast
    1100am- bowl of fruit (mellon)
    12:00pm- large salade (roman lettuce gren pepper cucumber red pepper tomatoe, fat free italian dressing. carrots)
    1 protien powder shake mixed with 1 cup of milk
    2pm 1 tofu burger(barf) on a whole weat bun
    5pm--1 chicken breast with steamed beans and small portion of whole grain rice
    630pm 1 protein powder shake with 1 cup of milk

I usually drink 2 coffees a day with a half sugar and light coffee whitener

I drank whiskey 3 times a week with coke zero but I am going to try and stop for a while but still may have a glass or two

My question is that I am not sure if I am getting enough protien or not. And my major concern is that i want to burn more calories then I intake but when i work out i am starving all day and get cravings are there ways to avoid the cravings? The above daily food intake is my best attemp on eating right as my normal diet is usauly eat what ever when ever just didnt eat a lot of sugar. So any advice you can offer will be greatly apreiciated :bowdown:

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Macros, overall cals ?

3. benny196

benny196 New Member

What are your goals? If it is to gain mass (I know you said that you don't want to bodybuild but are you underweight) that isn't enough food. That might not even be enough for maintenance depending on your weight. However if you are cutting and that fits into your range of calories your going for, it looks pretty clean. Although I wouldn't force myself to eat tofu and instead I would opt for a larger portion of lean ground beef or ground turkey.

4. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

Good point my ultimate goal is to improve my over all level of fitness. I want to lose some fat (I'm 5'10 195LBS) gain some strenth and improve my cardio. I dont need huge muscles or run a marathon but some definition would be nice so basically looking in the mirror and go from :ugh: to :hs: to :)

5. bryan305

bryan305 Lurker OT Supporter

you can snack on broccoli and carrots as much as you'd like. Might you want to add a cottage cheese snack just prior to bedtime?

6. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Just letting you know, i used to be addicted to Special K cereal then realized it contains High Fructose Corn Syrup...check it out for yourself.

7. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Avoid the tofu, opt for tuna instead. Adding almonds and nuts to a salad is some good fats for you. As well, spinach is usually the way to go, many more nutrients.

Get rid of the coffee whitener, use raw/natural sugar over white. Perhaps opt for oatmeal/porridge over the special K. Don't skimp on the yolks, I'd keep at least 2 in the omelette.

What kind of supplements are you taking?

8. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

:werd: to much carbs for breakfast; too little protein. eat eggs or a protein shake for breakfast

9. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Not really, the small amount of carbs in the cereal, just add a protein shake...i eat a huge bowl of cereal and 2 scoops of ON... :)

10. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

i stick with 1 serving of oatmeal + 2 scoops of protein + large banana

11. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Mmm... Pho 75... there's one in Philly. Love that place.

12. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

a huge bowl of cereal is a lot of carbs... could be, just a wild guess, 4 or 5 servings?

but it all depends on his goals i guess.

13. deznutz

deznutz New Member

:dunno: he said small bowl?

14. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

Thanks for the tips tody I skipped the cereal and had a 4 egg omlette using 2 yokes. For lunch I had a tuna sandwhich instead of mayonaise I used an avacado added a slice of tomatoe, sliced cucumber and spread on some low fat cottage cheese and damn it was good. The only thing i am taking right now is whey twice a day.
    Edit: I made an error it was a soy burger not a tofu burger tastless anyways

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  15. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Stick all of that into www.fitday.com and post up the total calories, protein etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.