WEB OT Advice on copying web/business concept

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Franchise, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Franchise

Franchise New Member

There is this new website running and I have done my research and there isn't a lot of other websites like it currently out there that are serving my city (Toronto Area). Should I use their concept and then compete with them? I've been contemplating this for a couple of days now, what you guys think?

2. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Is this thread for real? With zero information other than "Toronto Area" I'm not sure what you're expecting people to say. My frontal common sense lobe is telling me "I guess it sounds like a good idea if you can compete and there isn't a lot of other competition." :dunno:

3. Franchise

Franchise New Member

Alright, well basically a poker website aimed at making money through referrals and having local poker tournaments held for members and with prizes. Can't have legally have a poker tournament in Ontario where their is a house so this way through affiliate registrations we make some money.

4. rwdftw

rwdftw Guest

its a worth a shot, but I would try to do beat them to the punch on their pace. Example they only cover toronto? You cover toronto, canada city #2, canada city #3 etc. Eventually expand to go nationally

5. rwdftw

rwdftw Guest

I wouldn't bother with United States though, because Thomor has already copied your idea, launched it and already made a billion dollars

6. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Not if i steal it first ! :o

jk