OSX + Cell phones

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hebrewnational, Dec 11, 2005.

1. hebrewnational

hebrewnational New Member

I have a samsung A940 with a USB data cable. I have used my phone as a modem before on my powerbook and it works fine. I want to know how to mount my phone so i can back up files from it. I could not find the OSX demo of data pilot online. And I could not get bitpim to work. Any ideas?

2. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

what data? I'm not familiar with samsung, but sony ericsson phones work amazingly with OS X... you can bluetooth transfer any file from the phone to the mac (and vice versa in most cases), and the free iSync program automatically synchronizes your contacts, events and to do lists between the phone and your address book / calendar app. fucking sweet :bigthumb:

also SE phones >>> other shit

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

when ur using bluetooth to transfer files, how do u do it? i've done the iSync to transfer my contacts and calender, but I couldnt find out how to get pics off of my phone.

4. hebrewnational

useing BT i can send pictures from my phone to my computer but besides that it is a little buggy. I want to send my Games/Apps with USB. I need the computer to see my phone as more then just a modem.

5. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

how do u send pics? Does the phone show up as a mounted drive on the desktop or something?

6. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

under bluetooth menu, it says browse device.

7. hebrewnational

On my cell, i go to send picture, then choose bluetooth and it searches then i select to send to my powerbook and it sends them.

8. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:werd: that's how I do it on my SE T610. Some phones support browse mode and others don't, but for my purposes I usually only xfer one file at a time so I do it from the phone.