OSX AOL help?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tsiawdspeed, Aug 6, 2004.

1. tsiawdspeed

tsiawdspeed New Member

My girlfriend has a 14" iBook 1.2 ghz G4 and she has AOL installed for when she is at home where they have dialup. Ever since she installed AOL, it would just randomly start up (but not automatically connect), especially right after start-up/wake up and sometimes, it would do it multiple times. This is really starting to annoy her. I have looked in the start-up items and in all of the AOL preferences and I can't seem to find anything that would make it do this. Automatic AOL is not activated and it is not in the start up items menu. I would really appreciate any help that you guys can give me (other than getting rid of AOL because I told her that already). Thanks

2. dmora

dmora Guest

get rid of AOL :mamoru:

its a network component thats trying to access the internet. And since AOL is her internet, its launching that.

3. tsiawdspeed

tsiawdspeed New Member

Yeah. I totally agree. What I will probably have her do when she is not using AOL when she is at school is deleate it and re-install it every time she goes home. It will be annoying but it will stop it from auto-starting.

4. dmora

dmora Guest

Well, like i said, there is a network component thats loading, Either IP file sharing, web hosting, SOMETHING, thats trying to launch when it starts up. Thusly loading AOL.

5. tsiawdspeed

tsiawdspeed New Member

That is a really good point. I will have to look into that. It's probably Virex trying to do an e-update. Thanks for the help!