OS Load errors?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Madness, May 12, 2005.

1. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

OK I'm not really sure where to start with this as the affected PC isn't mine and I don't know anything about it (nor can I try to configure anything myself since it only has usb ports and my keyboard is ps2 :ugh: ). I guess I"ll start with what I do know..

It's a Gateway, old, as said doesn't have ps2 ports, so it's probably one of those stripped to the bare basics school machines from the mid-90s. Right now the problem is it's not loading the OS, it'll go through all of the BIOS checks and attempt to load Windows (i don't recall which version) but will just show a blank black screen. Right now it's defaulting in safe mode since there isn't a keyboard or mouse connection but that doesn't seem to be yeilding any results either. Anyway I'm just looking for a diagnosis as to what the problem might be and if it's possible to fix from home. The pc belongs to my Mom's boyfriend's son (long story) and I'm about ready to just call and tell him it isn't worth fixing, but want to give it an honest shot first.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

reformat.

3. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

How would I go about doing that without loading the OS? And would there be any other method possible without losing any information?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:rolleyes: that's the WHOLE point... lose your data and reinstall the os.

5. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

If it doesn't even have PS2 I'd say go buy one of those 500 dollar Dells. He obviously doesn't use it too much. If you really want to fix it reformatting is where to start. There's no guarantee that you'll get anywhere though.