OS Commerce PRO needed.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hellodon, Mar 7, 2007.

1. hellodon

hellodon

We need some assistance. Our programmer is foreign and we've gotten to a point where we think minor things are wrong and it's very hard to talk to him about them because he doesnt understand. It seems like when a real problem comes up and we tell him about it - he tends to ignore the problem and we're getting too big to have small things costing us business. We need to get more organized and more professional.

We need someone preferably close to home (we're in NY State) - but more so someone that knows OS Commerce really well. We have a creloaded site that has some custom stuff done to it. I feel like we are having some problems here and there and I need someone to talk to - go over things with - and then help in making some changes in the admin side of things and maybe some shopping cart customizations.

If you're really good and are interested in some freelance work - please send me a PM. We currently pay around 25 an hour for programming work for a really solid guy - but the communication barrier is just becoming too much of an issue.....

Thanks in advance!

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

be careful with that. My experience says that modifying OS Commerce is fine, at first... But the updates arn't gonna load on there.

3. hellodon

hellodon

Hmm...can you give me some examples and some suggestions? We've been using it since 2004 or so and havent really run into major problems. There isnt too much custom stuff on there - I mean, creloaded is pretty custom I suppose - it allows for a lot of customization, but I havent heard of any major issues with using that. You definitely have me shook right now. Can you elaborate?

I want to customize the back end for a better inventory system and maybe a few things here and there. Overall we dont have too much out of the ordinary. I'd definitely like to hear some stories on bad situations you've run into so we can make sure we avoid them.

Also - are you interested in helping out or were you just throwing out some advice?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, I do sysadmin work on the side, so I guess I'd be interested. I wouldn't consider myself a PRO with oscommerce. I've used it before. However, I don't much care for it. Historically, it's been quite buggy and it's a big target for hacks/attacks. I know keeping it updated is very important. Their update system is fairly robust, but modifications can be unpredictable, at times. Basically there's things that are okay to change, and other things that may cause issues down the road. Without seeing your implementation and talking shop, it'd be difficult to give specifics.