OS and CS v. Ultima

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by pootoo12000, Aug 28, 2007.

1. pootoo12000

pootoo12000 New Member

Scott (and others): Since you are now in possession of all 3 WOWA's which do you prefer? I've been using OS and CS for some time now. While differences are minimal, I'd give the slight appearance edge to OS and a slight durability edge to CS. My question involves Ultima. While I'm aware that Ultima is 12 oz, as opposed to 8 and 6 of OS and CS respectively, is Ultima really 1500 to 2000% better, as indicated by the price? If it really is better, I'll go for it but seems to me that for a few bucks more, I can get 3 bottles of OS or 2.5 bottles of CS! Your opinions, please?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Upon initial application, Ultima is noticably wetter than Opti-Seal. After curing for several hours though, I can't see a visual difference and both are very slick. I haven't had it long enough to make any durability conclusions but I do have Ultima side by side with OS on my brother's van. I am at his house usually 2-3 times a month so I can keep track of how each holds up.

I traded my Clear Seal for some Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett. CS just doesn't seem to do anything for the appearance. I'd be better off using Z5 or Z8 instead.

3. pootoo12000

pootoo12000 New Member

Thanks, Scott! Actually, I meant 150-200% better!

4. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

this is probably a worthless post since the only experience i have is with OS, but topped with OCW it gets my black car to 100% of the look i want. I cant really imagine a wetter look and unless ultima lasts so much longer than OS that you would use less of it over the life of the bottle, i wouldn't think its worth the price.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I can't anwer that yet. Ultima needs to last 50-100% longer and I haven't had it long enough to know.