MMA Ortiz v. Evans UFC 72

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by acidix, Mar 16, 2007.

1. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

Ortiz v Evans. Instead of 71 its happening at 72. This article says that if evans wins hes probably gonna face chuck. If Tito wins? He faces chuck again? I'm not really excited about another Chuck Tito rematch. I'd rather see Evans vs Jardine w/ title implications or Evans vs Rampage title implications.

That aside Evans is gonna get KTFO. I wasn't super impressed with him. He knocked out salmon very excitingly but then again:

[​IMG]

http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/03/16/ufcjunkiecom-exclusive-ortiz-vs-evans-set-for-ufc-72-not-ufc-71/

2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I have a feeling that Jardine's next fight is going to be Machida

3. OnionPeel

OnionPeel New Member

evans vs. machida would be exciting. both undefeated :noes:

4. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

Machida is fighting in 70 no? Or 69... one of the two. If Evans can get past tito, he gets my respect.

Still might be an exciting fight. If Evans loses to tito, which I think is the overwhelming consensus, he is gonna have to fight another strong fighter right afterwards and he could hit the dreaded 2 losses in a row and have to fight for his career.

5. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

whats with this 2 loss nonsense? allthough it sucks to come back for a rebound and lose again its not a nail in the coffin by any means. It also would be alot more devastating for someone with no exposure thats new to the UFC, not someone that has gotten exposure on cable for an entire season of a tv show.

6. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

I dont see why everyone thinks Evans is so good. Salmon won the 1st round of that fight!

7. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

I don't know why everyone will think Tito will win. Evans is a better wrestler which is Tito's bread and butter. Tito really hasn't impressed me in awhile, aside from 1st round with Forrest and 2nd round with Chuck.

While Rashad isn't the most exciting fighter, he is on a roll and getting better. And if anyone can put together a good gameplan to beat Tito right now, Greg Jackson's team will.

I see Rashad winning a close decision.

8. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Look what Sam Hoger did to Rashad. Tito is a better striker than people want to give him credit for. It will be a good fight. Tito is pretty much the gatekeeper at 205 until Chuck is gone.

I hope Tito wins it, I'd like to see him put that blemish on Evan's record. Like Hughes said: "If you're undefeated in this game, you're not fighting the right people"

9. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

I hope evans wins

10. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

:werd: salmon took it to him.

11. SoFlaJDM

SoFlaJDM Guest

evans is gonna dominate