Orion Platinum vs Fruity Loops (FL Studio) XXL?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by nish81, Nov 7, 2006.

?

FL Studio 6 XXL or Orion 7 Platinum?

1. FL Studio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Orion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

I've used both of these programs: FL Studio XXL and Orion Platinum. I'm wondering if any of you have used these, and which of the two you would recommend? What I don't like about FL is that it's all pattern based; it's hard to work in terms of a percussion track for the whole song, so you can't introduce minor variations. I just started using Orion half an hour ago :)x:) and I think that there's a way around that, but I'm not sure yet.

Any advice?

2. Aflooba

Aflooba New Member

get reason. it isnt a bazillion dollars and sounds way better than fruity loops.

3. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

I looked at reason but it takes a different approach than what i'm looking for...I'm just wondering which of these two are better.

4. Aflooba

Aflooba New Member

ive never used orion but ive never been real happy with fruity loops. you could always try logic too, thats just mad expensive

5. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

I like FL more than orion after some use; orion has no decent synths and crashes on me all the time. One problem I have with FL is that I cant do much in terms of a whole song; it's all based on loops. You know any way to get around that?