Original version Star Wars Trilogoy to be released

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by VashTheStampede, May 4, 2006.

1. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

Unaltered Star Wars Trilogy Coming to DVD!
    Han shoots first again as original theatrical cuts are finally released.
    by IGN Staff

May 3, 2006 - In a major surprise that will please many fans, Lucasfilm
    has announced that the original, unaltered theatrical versions of theStar Wars Trilogy will be released on DVD this September. For many years now George Lucas had said he would not release the original cuts of the film, but things have clearly changed, with the press release crediting overwhelming fan demand as the reason.

The new releases of each film in the original trilogy will contain both the original cut and the 2004 digitally remastered version of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The set will be available for a limited time: from September 12th to December 31st. Attached is the full press release from Lucasfilm:

"Fans can look forward to a September filled with classic Star Wars nostalgia, led by the premiere of LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy video game and the long-awaited DVD release of the original theatrical incarnations of the classic Star Wars trilogy.

"In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie and, as bonus material, the theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and Jedi in 1983.

"This release will only be available for a limited time: from September 12th to December 31st. International release will follow on or about the same day. Each original theatrical version will feature Dolby 2.0 Surround sound, close-captioning, and subtitles in English, French and Spanish for their U.S. release. International sound and subtitling vary by territory.

"Over the years, a truly countless number of fans have told us that they would love to see and own the original version that they remember experiencing in theaters," said Jim Ward, President of LucasArts and Senior Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. "We returned to the Lucasfilm Archives to search exhaustively for source material that could be presented on DVD. This is something that we're very excited to be able to give to fans in response to their continuing enthusiasm for Star Wars. Topping it off with a new interactive adventure makes September 12 a red-letter day for Star Wars fans."

"That's also the day fans will be able to experience the LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy video game, the action-packed sequel -- filled with tongue-in-cheek humor -- to one of the best selling video games of 2005."

2. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

Get Back In Your Cage!

3. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

whats the difference?
    :dunno:

4. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

Off the top of my head... there won't be "Episode IV/V/VI" on the scrolling intro, Han Solo shoots the bounty hunter in the cantina first (Lucas later changed it so that the bounty hunter shot first and digitally manipulated Han so that he awkwardly dodged the blast), various lame CGI special effects will be missing, the matting will be screwed up on the death star tunnel sequence, at the end of Return of the Jedi when you see the spirits of Annakin/Obi-Wan after the Ewok celebration the original actors will be seen instead of the actors from the new trilogy that were digitally inserted for continuity purposes. I'm sure there is other stuff but that is all I can think of right now.

5. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:hs:
    i never noticed. too young still to really remember the original versions.

6. Ando

Ando CDN Member

i'm glad i held out on buying the remastered original trilogy set

7. Vaytan

Vaytan New Member

Just saw that on the Digital Bit.... Might have to pick it up !

8. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Just more $$$ in Lucas's pockets.

9. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

George just got upset that original DVD rips were being sold and he wasn't making any money off it.

10. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

:werd:

11. Vaytan

Vaytan New Member

I have to agree.

12. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

jabba wont be being treated like hans bitch anymore

13. Sandman

Sandman New Member

14. Sandman

Sandman New Member

I think Jabba will be a man now too???

15. assassinmonkey

assassinmonkey New Member

fuck you Lucas! im not buying it again :madfawk:

16. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

17. ThreeUp3Down

ThreeUp3Down New Member

Out of principal I didn't buy them either but I have a hard-on that the originals are being released. I've been waiting for this for 6 years. Maybe now I can retire the Han Shot First T-Shirt.