Original NXT vs NXT 2?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by RyRy, Jun 25, 2008.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Any noticeable differences :dunno: Wal Mart around here is still selling the original bottles and I haven't had a chance yet to use 2.0 :hs:

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

well 2.0 supposedly has better durability.. and some say it has better shine and depth. Don't know why you'd pick original over 2.0 unless there was a big price diff :dunno: 2.0 is great.

3. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Only place to get detailing products (of Meguiars) within a 30 mile roundtrip is Wal Mart and they aren't selling 2.0 at this one yet. I've lined up a couple of cheap details ($30) and I want something that adds shine. Just wondering if 2.0 came off different, lasted longer, etc. I'm making a trip to the closest town that's bigger and has an O'Reilleys and AutoZone tomorrow so I was wondering if it would be worth to pick up the 2.0.

4. Original

Original OT Supporter

i have both.. and honestly i can't really tell the difference on my DD.. but i'm sure experts will say 2.0 is slightly better in all aspects. Original NXT is good though its durability isn't great. I wouldn't bend over backwards to get 2.0.

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

NXT 2.0 is a lot better than the original NXT. Application is easier. Depth is better. Remember, NXT 2.0 can be used on glass. Lasts twice as long as on paint. There is no heat build up to break the polymers down like on paint.

6. Original

Original OT Supporter

No way really? Im about to go use it right now :hsd:

alright so i guess it is a lot better but original's still pretty good :hs:

7. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

The original is really good. Very seldom does a replacement product come that is better than the original but this is the exception.

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I agree with Justin, NXT2 is better. Definitely more durable and has a somewhat deeper, even more carnauba like appearance than the original.

9. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

I still use NXT original... though only because i have a bottle i havent used up... still looks good. Cant wait to switch to 2.0 once its gone though, no reason to waste a good bottle though.

10. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I agree with Scott and Justin...even better than NXT2.0 is #21 v2.0

11. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I've used NXT 1.0 on glass before and it works :dunno: I had a customer bring me a bottle of NuFinish (orange bottle "beads up thru a year of car washes") and he wanted me to do the entire car from top to bottom. He even wanted me to do the plastic trim :ugh: Finally after showing him on a piece of trim I had just replaced on the Suburban what discoloration due to polish getting on them he changed his mind. Still wanted me to do his windows with that shit, he said he swore by putting on 3 coats of it a year :ugh::rofl: