Organic?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 2500, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2500

2500 Guest

just curious to see how many people are into eating organic foods.

i've recently been trying some stuff out, and all of it is actually really good, and not much more expensive.

2. uAb0b

uAb0b Buckeye Fitness

I had organic baby carrots once. They tasted the same. :dunno:

3. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah, i think carrots taste the same. i use the carrots to juice, so i've never had a stick of carrot.

hmm, what foods do i notice it most in. well milk. i can't drink normal milk, but i tried organic milk the other day (with my organic cereal) and i actually liked it. and i just had the best tasting granola bar ever.

the food doesn't taste "organic" like most people would think. like, it doesn't taste earthy or crap. it just tastes, good. i have pretty much every food i would want, organic right now:

french fries, popcorn, spinich, carrots, other fruits and veggies, cheese ravioli, mushroom ravioli, wheat and normal spaghetti, ziti, tortilla chips, salsa, kethcup, mustard, cranberry juice, tomato sauce, milk, mac and cheese, corn flakes, maple syrup, jelly, borrito, cheese quesadilla, enchiladas, oil, oatmeal, pop tarts, granola bars, eggs, butter, waffles, soup, and peanut butter.

only thing i'm missing is meat, which i'm looking into today at "Whole Foods." but, the price on 99% of this stuff is about the same as normal brands. so, i really enjoy eating organic, cuz, wether its good for you or not, its in my head as "good" so i make healthier eating choices because of it.

4. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

I eat organic fruits and vegetables. I've noticed that strawberries are a lot sweeter and jucier. Well, all the fruit is jucier. Also, for me, it just taste more fresh.

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

I buy/eat organic whenever I can. Sometimes the price is prohibitive :hs: and I have to buy what my wallet can afford.

6. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah, i guess i'm lucky that i still live at home so $ isn't really an issue since the rents do the shopping, haha. i've only been on the organic kick for about a week. have any of you guys felt any better, or anything?

7. Dr. Zoidberg

Dr. Zoidberg the lovable tramp

i buy organic oats.. they have a lot better texture than regular oats

and natural peanut butter :dunno:

8. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i eat a lot of organic stuff, but that is mainly because i am eating clean and there isn't that much of a price difference

plus i am a block away from whole foods and 2 miles away from Giant :o

9. Elfling

Elfling New Member

This is completely n=1, but I was raised on organic/health foods growing up. Nothing wacky like vegan or whatever, just home-grown, no pesticides, whole-grain stuff. I don't get sick much at all, I went to the doctor for something last week and that's the first time I've been in 10 years. I suspect that it's less "organic will magically make everything better" than "organic is preferable to mass-manufactured and processed" though both will let you live and give you energy.

10. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

whole foods is expensive as fuck. when i was in highschool i got all the organic everything i definetly think there is a difference, not one that you will notice right away but genetically engineered food cant be better for you than organic

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  11. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah, i agree. i wasn't planning on feeling energetic and like superman, but i think down the road, eating this way will show some benefit. so far, the "O Organics" food line has been very well priced. 1 lbs of spaghetti for 1 dollar. not bad. but, i haven't gotten into meats yet, and THATS where i know i'll see the crazy prices.

12. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

uh, all food you eat has been "genetically engineered," they simply have breed traits that they desire in animals and food. you are making the wrong distinction of hormones in some beef and breeding for strengths.

but then again, they have successfully breed beans that are resistant to round-up so they can spray entire fields of growing plants and not have them die.

13. 2500

2500 Guest

so i've noticed in my first week of 96% organic eating, (only things i've had not 100% organic were a few apples, bananas, and some fish.) but i've noticed i've been eating more. i think its cuz i'm thinking about the food cuz its new, and i wanna try it, that i just snack here and there, and have just been eating more. anyone else?

14. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Eating non organic foods is like getting free AAS. :eek5:

15. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Actually GE foods probably could be better if they were made that way, but we still have limited knowledge in this regard.

Organics are usually nicer because more care is taken and required for production. It also limits toxins

16. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

:rofl: fuckin hippies

17. 2500

2500 Guest

except the opposite

18. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

:werd:

i think a lot of the differences people notice from organic food is from the processes used to grow/sell it. Since organic fruits/vegetables won't last as long on store shelves it encourages suppliers to stock fresher fruits

on that note, I only drink organic milk, I really can't stand the kind that comes in the big plastic jugs

19. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

bottled milk > *

20. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

fuck that mess

21. lif

lif New Member

GMO's are the only thing that will keep our growing population alive.

22. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

unless you solely eat organic food, you don't get a health benefit from it...though it may taste better.

23. 2500

2500 Guest

i don't agree. would you rather eat 1 gallon of pesticides in a year, or 10 gallons? if the only non-organic thing i eat are bananas, i think thats a pretty nice dent. i would say if you ate normal food, and then JUST organic milk, or JUST organic apples, then yeah, you won't be seeing as much of a benefit. but if i eat 98% organic, with the exception of a few fruits and fish, i think i'm fine. and if not, it still tastes better.

24. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Word. Bovine growth hormone ftw.

25. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i should go back home and get some from my familys farm :naughty: :hsugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.