Oregon Trail Rally, anyone going?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 12xalt, Mar 28, 2002.

1. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

I'll be there, of course, gonna volunteer. Just curious if anyone else from here was gonna be there. There's already over 70 entries, which for an Oregon event is a lot.

http://www.oregontrailrally.com/

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

First, WTF is up with your avatar?! Dear jesus im scared for life.

I plan on being there. Unless somthing comes up beyond my control. I should be there with at least several people. And HOPFULLY ill have my Hachi-Roku by then too. Provided everything goes smoothly...so ill be out and about giving the i-clubbers hell.:fawk:

3. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

Ah, the av. Hmm, lets just say I'm not down with double standards. If the boys can have half nekkid girlies kissing then this girlie can have a couple o men gettin their smooch on. Just be grateful I didn't go find a pic with partial nudity, groping and tongues a flyin'. (as most of the girl/girl pics are)

Hachi-Roku?

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Ahhh, your female...i was under the impression you where male.
    hehe.

Hachi-Roku, japanese for "8-6". In reference to the Toyota Corolla Trueno/Levin GT-Apex (known as the Corolla GT-S in the US), which is designated by the chassis number AE-86. Thus the name "8-6" or "Hachi-Roku"

visual representation....
    [​IMG]
    And what you would see me doing, if i have it by the time the rally starts...
    Edit: Image removed due to size...no need messing up the forums table...

:bigthumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2002
  5. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

Thanks for the explaination. Looks kinda like the 200SX I used to have.

So, gonna run rallycross this year then? I've never done it but am hoping to try it out this year.

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Its about as far from a 200SX as you could imagine. Its a considerably smaller and lighter car.

Totaly blast to drive.

No, im not getting into Rally-X. Dont ahve the time or the money. Likewise for club rallying. I wouldent mind getting into it at some point, but i certaintly wouldent use the GT-S for that. I would pick somthing else. Probibly like an older model civic of somesort. Just to be differnt (for rallying at least). And again to toy around with teh i-clubers. (I have no love lost for 90% of them).

As for driving like that...theres nothing stopping me from hanging it a little sideways on the way to the spectator points. :big grin:

7. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

i-clubbers?

Yes, I'm just full of questions.

Ah, the spectator stages. I'm tall and I still hate trying to look over everybody at those. I usually volunteer to roadblock. Don't always get the best corners to watch, but usually still a lot more fun than being stuck with so many other people.

I don't have the money to rallycross either, but I don't think that's gonna keep me from trying it at least once this year.

8. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

www.i-club.com
    Subaru Impreza Owners Club.

I got banned there a couple years back from a moderator with a serious ego problem that didnt like me proving them wrong, with plenty of facts to back it up. So they banned me, started a flame campaign against me after i had been banned, and on top of that the moderators groupies up here in the NW started a flame campaign as well, even though 90% of them had never met me. And 80% of those 90% actually HAD met me, had no clue who i was...and even flamed to me, about me. Ass clowns.
    So like i said, i have no love lost for them, their AWD, and their ego's. SO every chance i get, i take a FWD (usually a honda) or a RWD car of lesser displacment, and run circles around the Impreza. WHich is slightly harder to do now with the WRX...but i come alot closer then i should. :fawk:

I try not to go directly to the spectator stages, and to the spectator points. Last year when it was in Tillamok a friend of mine ran sweeper in his Super Charged Black Dodge Durango, and we found some preaty sweet spectator points along the way. I dont know if hes working on the crew this year. But if he ism chances are ill probibly be in another obscure spectating point. :big grin:

9. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Well, i JUST found out that my friend WILL be running sweeper on the stages at the rally...so if you look for him chances are you will find me. See ya there.

10. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

Cool deal. Will do. If you see a blue Tiburon, Oregon plates, 12XALT, that's me.

11. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Cool deal, will do.

You cant miss my friends ride. If you where at the Oregon Trail last year, he ran sweeper there to.
    He has a bblack, super charged Dodge Durango, with a big bull bar up front. Aside from that it preatymuch looks stock from the outside.

Anyway, like i said he will be running sweeper...and chances are at some point i will be riding along with him. Along with his friend, and my girlfriend...and possibly her brother. :p

12. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

That's a lot of people riding along with sweep. But hey, guess if there's the room, why the heck not eh.

Well, I'll be sure to wave when you go by then.

And yeah, I was at the event last year. Was right down the road from where the tibby went in upside down in the creek.

Was also working the stage with the car that ran with no headlights and actually finished. Went of the road a few times, including our corner. Was funny as hell to see the codriver trying to get the banner guard off his arm so he could hold the flashlight straight ahead of them again.

13. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

hehe, yeah, i was kind of being sarcastic with that. THere will probibly only be one ot two of us at a time riding sweeo with him.

Should be fun though. Last year everyone was pumping him for information last year about the stages up the hill where all the snow was. Of course the Durango is covered in white stuff and Paul Schoinier(SP) is all "so is it snowing up there?". Scoot just looked at the durango, looked at him, looked at the durango again, turned at looked at him and said "you know i cant tell you anothing about that. :big grin:

It should be a blast this year!

14. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

:rofl:

we were about a 1/2 mile from the snow

that was a fun event, I really hope this years is as entertaining

but then, Jardeval (damn I'm gonna miss watching him in that big yellow volvo) is gonna be hella fun to watch in the mitsu evo IV

he was great up at the doo wops and now he's got some practice in it

15. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yeah, i hope its not shitty being in Hillsburitto this year.
    Hopfully it will all work out though.

I missed DooWoops this year, it just didnt fit in my schedule. I was wanting to go to specificly see Jardeval in the Evo.
    I actually found it amusing seeings as how he had that pissing calvin taking a wazzer on "AWD". Hehe, classic.
    But your right, its going to be hard to associate Jardeval with the Lan-Evo VI now, instead of the Yellow School bus.
    But whats even more weird is going to be seeing Jay Streets driving that instead of his AE86. :( Oh well, at least if there was someone worthy of taking over the bus driving duties, its Streets.

Anyway, ill be finalizing the details of what ill be doing and where at the rally this week. So ill keep you updated.

16. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

Well, Streets ran the "school bus" at the Doo Wops and he did OK, but he didn't make that baby run the way Jardeval did. I know that Volvo is capable of sooooooo much more. But then, first time in it and all.

Yeah the calvin/awd piss was adorable.

And as far as it being in "hillsburrito" (some one listen to NRK a little too much?) it's gonna be between there and Tillamook mostly.

17. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yeah, i dont suspect that he will do that great in it this year.
    I mean, hes been driving a Corolla for as long as i can remember. So the learning curve for the volvo is going to be preaty steep. Plus the Corolla is preaty neutral handling, and is slightly underpowered. So its a preaty forgiving car to drive, and gets preaty fast once you get a handle on its quirks.
    Where as the Volvo is really setup to oversteer quite heavily, and is considerably more powerful. Especily when you consider it probibly weighs about as much as Streets Group2 corolla, with twice close to three times the horse power. Personally id be preaty ginger with the loud pedal myself.
    Next year he should be considerably faster. Hes a preaty conservative driver, and never really pushes his limits. THe downside is it takes a while to get up to speed. THe BIG upside is he rarely ever wraps a car around a tree.

I had heard that the rally was mainly going to be right around Hillsburro. And that all of the Tillamook stages where completely gone?
    Ill find out exactly whats up this week when i get a chance to talk to my friends about whats up. Ill also take a look at the spectator and route maps for the event, and see where thse are going.

18. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

They are doing some massive logging up in the Tilli... most of the Oregon trail roads are congested with log trucks. I almost learned that the hard way :o Somebody mentioned awhile ago, because of that the state is going to say NO to rally.

19. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

REally? THats interesting, i hadent heard anyhting about that.
    Usually the folks on specialstage.com are preaty up on that. But latly ive been heaing some reaty stupid comments over there, so it wouldent suprise me one bit.

Also i checked, and there is going to be a stage out at Tillamook. At the airfield. But i probibly wont make it tot hat one becuase of time.

20. [b]e-n[/b]

[b]e-n[/b] Guest

I will be attending this year, but will not be working the event. Last year we were lucky, and got a good corner, but I don't want to chance it this year. Here are the pics, my roommate and I took. I'll be in the "PSI Prepared" eclipse.

http://tiltshift.com/OregonTrailRally2001/

21. [b]e-n[/b]

[b]e-n[/b] Guest

This is me and the lil bro:

[​IMG]

22. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

Wow, Chad got some great shots. Geez, thanks so much for waiting till this year to share those. :p

23. [b]e-n[/b]

[b]e-n[/b] Guest

:slap::squint: The link from www.oregontrailrally.com has been there for awhile....

I guess you could say Chad got some great shots..... I was in one of them:big grin:

24. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

Any shot with you in it is a great shot indeed. You one sessy man.

Didn't realize that the any of the links there were for his work.

25. [b]e-n[/b]

[b]e-n[/b] Guest