GUN Ordered my P250 almost 8 weeks ago and still not here

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Admitted, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

When I ordered it, my local shop made the implication it would be there in about a week. I called once a week for the first 6 weeks, always on Thursday. I would simply say "Hello this is Ryan, I was wondering if there was any update on my order status." "Sig sauer is making them as fast as they can" "Ok. Thank you. bye" On the 6th week they told me it would arrive by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Tuesday comes by and around 6:00pm I call them and one of the works says "I told you I would call you when it came in." In a somewhat pissed off voice. So the next Tuesday comes and I get a phone call but they hang up right away. I called back and they received a P250 in but in a different finish. (They had placed a large order it seems) The associate asked me if I wanted that one instead, and I declined. I paid $40 extra for the bi-tone. I am STILL waiting on the P250. 3 weeks ago, I talked to another FFL in the area, and they said the local Sig distrubutor has 97 P250's in stock.

Should I be pissed off? I am. They have a non refundable $225 of mine, so I can't cancel the order and go elsewhere. Isn't this a long ass time to wait for a pistol that has been out for a year now?

*Cliffs: Local shop implied the gun would be here in a week. They actually placed the order with a LARGE order for stocking their shop, or so it seems. Still not in and the workers seem pissed when I call every Thursday with a simple "any news" question, a 15 second conversation.

/rant

Side: It has been 70 days since I mailed my CCW to Utah and still haven't recieved my permit in the mail.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Have you asked for your money back? It seems like a reasonable request, plus maybe they'll be glad to get rid of you.

Bad service and crappy employees....BSR? :big grin:

3. itchiban

itchiban New Member

Yeah, I'd be pissed. I'm not even half as patient as you for waiting 8 weeks.

4. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

2 months?????

I would have canceled the order and requested my refund by the 2nd week.

5. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Soybomb, he is talking about BSR.

I personally would have already done a dispute and got my "non-refundable" deposit back. The way they made it sound when you ordered it was that it would be no problem to get and should be in within the week. Eight days later would have been unacceptable to me, let alone eight WEEKS as they are readily available at just about ANY gunshop. Plenty of dealers on Sigforum are asking people why they are UNpopular because they can't move them off their shelves.

I'd say its reasonable to say you and BSR had a verbal agreement that your gun would be ordered when the deposit was made and not to be put in a queue of a larger order they were planning. They didn't say anything about that when you ordered it and continued to lie about Sig "trying to make them as fast as possible and keep up with demand." This would consititute a breach in contract and therefore the "non-refundable deposit" part is void and null. After a month most credit cards let you dispute just about anything. You could probably easily get your deposit back...

The downside here is they'll probably be dicks towards you anytime you show up and possibly would refuse rangetime to you. Seeing as they're the only fairly decent range in the area (and they know it), I wouldn't piss them off too much.

6. Admitted

:):wtc:

Supposed to be non-refundable, as I remember the employee emphasizing that when I purchased placed the order. But it may have been referring to them getting the firearm in and then me not paying the final balance.

I want to raise hell but that is one of the only range in the area, and the membership was free with the purchase. (The only reason I bought from them)

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

How is that different than how they normally are? :rofl:

They haven't been able to deliver long after the promised window. They owe you a full refund. Give 'em a call and see what they say, I'll be curious to hear it myself. They certainly have no right to hold your money for as long as they like.

This may also be of interest to you:

8. Admitted

05/15/08 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Bureau Of Criminal Id Salt Lake Cit Ut [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] $65.25
    From my CC statement. That is the only date of anything I have recieved

http://bci.utah.gov/

no tracking information at all on that site.

Edit* actually billing took place on the 14th.

9. Admitted

I think I am going to go in tomorrow and request a refund in person. This way I can deal with the owner face to face.

10. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I will not do business with any of the local gun shops in my area anymore. At all. I am so tired of treatment and BS like this.
    Not saying it's even their fault, but shit like this just always seems to happen when you deal with them.
    No thanks, online only for me now. With reputable dealers like Bud's or GunBroker.

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

while i'm sure it's a heavily sought after pistol, 8 weeks seems a little excessive for the to be able to locate the model you want. any dealer worth their weight should be able to do that within 3 weeks.

12. Slick26

Not even as popular as the mighty M&P series!!1

13. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

I don't see why they wouldn't refund your money.

14. cantankerously

Some shit is impossible to get a hold of. We've only gotten two LCPs since it's launch.

15. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

8 Weeks?!

You're getting fucked man, pull out now. There is absolutely no reason why a dealer couldn't get a P250 within 8 weeks. That's ridiculous.

Saying that no one has it is bullshit. Look at the amount of them on the auction boards. These people have no problems getting them, why does he? I'll tell you.... He doesn't. He has accounts with many, many wholesalers, of which he could call up and snag one if he wanted. What's probably happening (I worked in a gun store and seen this happen...) is that his favorite wholesaler is out, or he hasn't been allotted one. Why is this a big deal? Because if he orders from another wholesaler (especially one he doesn't order from regularly) he will be paying more on his cost (gun cost, or non-free shipping), and thus won't make as much profit..

Cliffs: Your dealer is fucking you. In all probability, he could have gotten you a gun a while ago, but won't because it would cost him 10$ more.

16. Slick26

I'm still considering one of those for a BUG.

17. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

fukkin right.
    my local shop has a very bad habit of doin shit like that.
    the only real good thing about my shop,besides shit tons of AR`s,they do layaway.10% down,10% a month.no time limit

18. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

My local from-the-house guy who is 4 miles away from this place RhaceM3 is referring to called the local distributor a few days after Rhace had ordered and told me they had 96 in stock and could have me one in 3 days. :ugh::rofl:

19. cantankerously

BTW - if i recall correctly, P250s are not hard to get. I'm pretty sure we ordered one a few weeks ago and our distributor had plenty in stock.

20. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

working in a gunshop myself, i can tell you it gets quite annoying to receive constant phonecalls from customers asking questions like yours. Sometimes we'll place an order for a newer model gun and were given a timeframe by the manufacturer/distributor but we never know when that UPS box will arrive for sure. Case in point, we waited almost 6 months to get half a dozen LCP's after their launch. The P250 we STILL cant get the conversion kits for...my suggestion is be patient or get your money back.

Btw, why the hell do you want a P250 anyway lol. Its like sig decided to take a piece of the pie from KelTec but charge more. Not a fan...

21. cantankerously

Prepare for hate.

22. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

I could walk into my local shop and pick up one of the 10 P250s they have in stock and be out the front door in 5 minutes.

Sounds like you need to take your business elsewhere.

23. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

Serious, why would someone call and check on item/services they have already placed a down payment. What inconsiderate assholes.

If you had to wait almost 6 months for 6 LCP, then that is your fault, not your customers. Get a better distribution network.

24. Admitted

I shoot really well with it.

I should be going in there today, if not today then tomorrow, to discuss a refund with the store.

25. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Fuckin 'a.

You are seriously bitching about people calling you wondering where there gun is, after you've held their money for 6mo? Were these people at all informed about the potential time frame?

Really man, how would you feel if some gunstore held your money for half a year, over a product that you could have paid an extra $50 for and bought off the internet? Damn right they/you should be pissed.... The customer isn't a bank, and unless you are paying interest on their money you are fucking them via interest free loans.

And six months!? Granted, I don't work there now so I haven't checked any of the suppliers.... but I can't ever remember a gun coming out that would take us that long to acquire. Is this is a small volume store? I have to agree, it sounds like your boss' wholesaler network is shitty at best. Who all does he keep accounts with?

FWIW, the store I worked at had accounts with nearly all of the major distributors (J&G, Zanders, RSR, Davidsons, Sport South, etc) As far as Sigs (and Glocks, Kimber, SA, and Beretta/Benelli), those all came straight from the factory. Sounds like your boss needs to expand his business.