Orbital polisher help

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Hotmama64, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Hotmama64

Hotmama64 New Member

How do you apply the wax to your pads? I used an old plastic knife and put a little over a tablespoon of paste wax on it. Whenever I first use it on the car there is always too much wax where it is first applied. Should I turn it on for a few seconds before using it to let the excess wax fly off? It wouldn't be a big deal, but it is really hard to get off the parts where there is excess wax.

2. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

I make a thin spiral of product on the pad. You never turn the machine on unless it's against the paint. Work that biatch in until it's hazy so it's easier to take off.

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

What paste wax are you trying to use on an orbital buffer? I've never done such a thing. Always applied paste by hand and liquid with my DeWalt RO.

For liquid the first section I apply a ring around the pad. For each section after that I throw a few drops on the pad to kee it going. You just need a thin layer of residue on the paint. No need to put it on super thick.

4. Hotmama64

Hotmama64 New Member

Yea im using meguiers gold class paste wax. There usually is a perfect amount of wax after the first few seconds its turned on.