Oracle != mother of the matrix

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by WoodHoot, Nov 10, 2003.

1. WoodHoot

WoodHoot OT Supporter

While Smith calls the Oracle "Mom" right before infecting her, she is not the mother of the matrix and this issue is never truly addressed in Revolutions or even in Reloaded.

I think that Smith called the Oracle "Mom" because she created only his original programming (or maybe only forced his necessity by helping a previous "One") and not the Matrix itself.

does that make sense?

I still think persephone is the mother of the matrix...

2. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Guest

Smith called the oracle mom because she is the "mother" of the matrix. I don't know why you would think any different. She still found the answer needed to solve the architechs problems which was to give the people choice, and she "stumbled" on this answer while investigating the human psych. The architech and oracle were opposites.....he balanced it, she unbalanced it......ying yang....etc.

3. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

:rofl:

That's stupid. Ever think that sometime the most apparent answer is the simple one? The filmmakers state that Oracle is "MOM" yest you counter with awesome evidence (ZERO) saying that Persephone is the mother of the Matrix. How?

You are :greddy:

4. WoodHoot

WoodHoot OT Supporter

well, you've got me convinced... I'm definitely gay...

5. WoodHoot

WoodHoot OT Supporter

upon readin the architect script again I'm goin against my original statement... I suppose the Oracle is the mother of the matrix... but not from anything in Revolutions

The "Mom" comment, I think, still comes from the her unbalancing the equation and the Architect creating Smith to rebalance it, not because the Oracle is the mother of matrix.

The Oracle, however, has to be the mother of the Matrix because of the Architect's explanation of the Matrix's creation . While the Architect does respond sarcastically to Neo's statement implying the Oracle as the mother (the original spot that made me think that the Oracle was not the Mother and maybe some other program we encounter was...), he does go on to explain a solution that only the Oracle could have come up with.
    http://andresvelasquez.aiesec.ws/discuss/msgReader$190

Now that I think of it, I seem to remember someone asking or saying something about the Oracle being as old as the Matrix itself which would at least make her old enough to have been around for its creation.

I dunno, I think it would still be cool for Persephone to have been the creator of the matrix, what with obsession with love and all...