OptiPlex GX240 help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lord Nat, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Lord Nat

Lord Nat New Member

Jun 2, 2004

So I have been living off this computer I got for $400 WAY back in when (late 2002) for awhile now.

I have been taking any and all parts I have been able to get my hands on to upgrade it along with a LOT of self done windows mods to keep it in the race.

Well I just lucked into some new upgrades from a friend that is moving and tossing out a few old computers.

An ATI Radeon X 1600 Pro and an Celeron 2.* (He is not sure what it was).

So all is go I go about the normal installing them all into my system.
    BUT once they are in and I boot up I get a blank screen.

So I change back and just try them one at a time and get the same thing.

I have NO idea why... any ideas?
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    Buy a new computer.

Seriously, why go thru all that trouble if you can get a decent up to date computer for little amount of money? Old crap is notorious , you just keep messing with all the parts because they have old fasionate drivers,hardware and imcompatibility issues. I also spend 2 years wasting my life on how to get my graphic card to work, it was so expensive that i just couldn't bear to accept the thought that there was an incompatiblity issue between the motherboard and the ghraphic card, that no matter what driver i installed it just wouldn't work.

Replace the X1600 video card with another video card, install.
    Then Re-install the X1600 video card with the latest drivers.

That action might be helpfull in locating what aspect is causing the problem.
  3. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger New Member OT Supporter

Jul 17, 2002
    Try plugging the monitor into the onboard video port until you get the drivers installed for the new video card.