Optimum products vs. Salt?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by z284pwr, Feb 8, 2008.

1. z284pwr

z284pwr Active Member OT Supporter

Jun 16, 2002
    Its been a really really ugly winter here thus far in Utah, I'm wondering how well the Optimum products hold up against the Salt that has been covering the roads here for the past, oh 3 months? I gave the car a good detailing around September time and have been using the No Rinse car wash when it has been decent weather out. I'm curious how well the Polish/Poli-Seal are going to hold up through these winter months until I can get it detailed again.

The black is taking a beating and I hate having the car clean just to see all the swirl marks its picked up.
  2. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

Jan 27, 2007
    I like to use Opti Seal in the winter time, I've gotten great durability from it. A combo that I use a lot is Poli Seal topped with Opti Seal, it gives a great finish and a lot of slickness.
  3. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

I'm hoping it works well. I just got a UDM and some OP. Still need some Opti-Seal. This spring I'm going to get it on with the Optimum line.

Is it me, or have they been dumping an absurd amount of salt on I-15 this year? I've lived here almost 10 years now, and I can't remember a year where they dropped so much. Jesus, you'd think we must have a never ending supply of the shit! :mamoru: