Optimum Nutrition and Post Work Out Supplement

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by CFree3344, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CFree3344

CFree3344 OT Supporter

Right now I am taking GNC 100 Whey in the morning and GNC Mega Whey Extreme for post work out. I am starting to hear GNC does not make good product.

A friend mention Optimum Nutrition. I am just wondering who takes this.

I have also hear more and more that post workout meal is the most important. I notice on their site they have something called After Max. Has anyone tried this? What would you guys recommend for after work out protein?

I am looking to cut a lot of fat. But of course I still need to build muscle to do this.

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

you understand that it's protein yes.
    GNC doesn't sell bad product, they are just usually over priced.

3. CFree3344

CFree3344 OT Supporter

Yes I know. This After Max looks good and was just curious about it.

Or at least have some recommendation for post work out protein. Does it need Glutamine,Carbs?

4. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

You need SOME carbs with post workout, but you can get that by drinking a gatorade or juice. Use whey protein after workouts (digests faster).

5. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

whey is good for pre and post workouts because it's quickly digested, just buy it where ever you choose.

post workout you can drink something with carbs, you can eat with your shake, you can blend with peanut butter etc etc.

all depends how far you wanna go, i'm guessing you're pretty new to supplements and lifting so it's probably not as big of a deal as you think at this point, just eat well, drink some whey to supplement protein intake, lift hard, get plenty of sleep

(pick a good routine from stickies)

6. ralyks

ralyks New Member

http://www.afboard.com/forum/attach...rkout-nutrition-supplementation-nutrition.pdf

Brought to you by the board sponsors.

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

to the original poster, if you're a new lifter, don't go out and buy a ton of supps and take 100 shakes and 100 pills a day, just eat a good diet and track it in fitday to ensure you're getting enough carbs fats protein calories per day, lift hard following a good routine and sleep.

a bunch of pills or shakes won't make up for eating well and working hard.

all the supplement talk on here is well and good especially for the huge dudes on here, but for begginers you just have so many easy gains to make without a bunch of $ going into supplement salespeople's pockets

it's hard to eat enough protein every day so whey helps a ton, plus the quickly digested whey around lifts is nice, but there is no replacing food

just my 2 cents

8. CFree3344

CFree3344 OT Supporter

Well I didn't drop a lot of cash. I have had protein for a while. I went through a 4 month stint last summer before I got a new job and couldn't get to gym. I feel that when I was doing it before I wasn't eating correctly after work outs. Thats the only reason I asked about After Max.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.