Optimum fat loss? I'm 245 lbs, 6'0", and sick of it, I want to lose the fat. p90x??

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MawcDrums, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MawcDrums

MawcDrums Active Member

I wondering if I will be able to do P90X.. I want to lose a ton of weight..

I'm not in the best shape muscularly, My legs are strong and my arms are okay, but I don't think I can do a pullup right now to save my life.. to be honest with you..

Is p90x too advanced for me? Would I even be able to keep up? I don't know that I can do more than 10 pushups before my arms wont let me do any more.

What other alternatives or programs are there for quick fat loss? I'm open to just a steady regiment of running / lifting too, I just need to know where to start...

2. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

Anything is better than nothing. Its not going to be the recommended routine, but circuit training would be effective.

3. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

I was kind of in your boat when i started working out in september. I was 5'10" at 225lbs. I could only do like 5 pushups and definitely not any pullups. I basically changed my diet a little bit and watched total calories, added some protein shakes and lifted 3x a week. After a couple months i started doing some running and then just recently i started jiu jitsu. I'm down to 200lbs, can do 30 pushups, and 4 pullups (though i just started really working on the pullups about a month ago).

So to generalize what i did i'd say to read the nutrition sticky, set a calorie goal, do some strength training, and find a cardio activity that you enjoy (for me it was the jiu jitsu).

edit: Another thing that helped me was setting goals based on performance more so than weight loss. Ie, my goal was to increase lifts every other week or do 5 more pushups in a set, etc. rather than losing Xlbs per week. That way i wasnt getting frustrated if my weight didnt change from one week to the next.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. Ficus

Ficus OT Supporter

losing weight has everything to do with the diet, it doesnt matter what the hell you do in terms of working out, just as long as you do something

5. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

www.teamscivation.com

Granted, it might take 2 weeks to do all the program for you, but it is WELL worth it. I'm following a circut based program right now and it's working awesome. They'll do everything for you, FREE.

6. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

Start exercising today! Don't talk about it, don't say you need to start doing it. START TODAY!

7. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

This really helped me, too. When I decided to lose weight, I started running and dieting, but I also bought a pair of goal pants. Every friday, I'd struggle into them (before putting on my "normal" pants) and see how it felt. Last Friday, I wore them to work ^_^

I keep my pants up where I can see them, and occasionally look at pictures of me wearing them. It's a vanity, but the vanity gives me enough will power to not binge

this, too. Getting a plan together is a good idea, but a one or two day delay in that plan would be better served with doing something rather than sitting, and planning.

Also, a workout log to help track your progress. This could be as simple as getting a calendar, and putting a circle on every day you workout.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

You're too skinny, gotta gain some wieght

9. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:ugh:

10. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

:hsugh:

11. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

for lifting, try 5/3/1
    for cardio, just about anything. i'm going to try some kind of HIIT on stairs, jumping rope, crap like that. anything is better than nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.