Opinions?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by dustinap, Oct 10, 2006.

1. dustinap

dustinap New Member

My first, and only car has been a 1994 honda prelude si which now has 213k miles on it. I've had it for 3 years now. Originally I bought it with 173k on it. Since then it has been a great car, although since it was stolen 3 months ago(i got it back after 5 days) I've been thinking of getting a lower milage car, and maybe a sedan. Since I'm a college student(I just turned 20) I'm looking for something that I can purchase without getting a loan. This is keeping me at no more then 10k. I was just looking on craigs list and i find that most sedans that I can afford don't offer too much. They're either ugly, or abused. Then I found this nice looking 1999 bmw 323i with a black exterior and a tan leather interior. They're asking $9500. I haven't test driven it yet, but it does look nice. I know the 323 is the smallest engine, and they got an upgrade a year or two later. Having a fast car would be nice, but right now something more fuel efficient would be nice. I would assume the 323 is cheaper to insure then the 325/328/330.

I was wondering how many miles these cars tend to go without needing major maintenance. The guy says it has new plugs, wires, battery, belts, hoses, and brakes. It has nice wheels too. Is there anything I should know about these cars? Anything to stay away from? Again, since I'll be in school for at least another two years I need a car that is somewhat economical. At the same time, I spend quite a bit of time in my car and want something decent.