A&P Opinions Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jbuffethed, Mar 12, 2004.

1. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

in the market for a new digital camera. I have used a HP 320 2.1MP for 2 years. Been doin a lot of searching and find this to be the most appealing. Anyone have this or know anyone that does that can vouch for the quality?

2. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

I played with the V1 and did not like it very much. It's supposed to be a compact alternative to the G5, but it doesnt compare in terms of image quality. I thought it was bulky, uncomfortable to hold, and the zoom was painfully slow. It's a decent camera if you are a sony-fanatic, but IMO there are definitely better cameras out there. If you want a small, feature loaded camera with a pretty big zoom, look at the Pentax Optio 555. Its 5mp, decent image quality, 5x optical, tons of manual features, battery lasts forever, and its very small. If you want image quality above all else, look for a used canon G3 or a new G5. If I had more money, I would have got a G3, but I got an older Fuji instead.

If you want more (professional) info, I recommend dpreview.com wholeheartedly

3. johnson

johnson New Member

There is a person on another forum selling their G5 with some accessories for a nice price. PM or email me and ill give you the link.

4. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

I bought a G5 for $487 off of butterflyphoto.com. Awesome camera that replaced my A70. Looking to do some amateur photography so I bumped up to the G5. Great features and feels good in the hands...if you can find one used in awesome condition, go for it! Best of luck :)