A&P opinions please >

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Tikigod, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

Just been playing around with the camera lately and wanted some critiques on them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mojito

mojito New Member

love the last one

3. 2.5RS

2.5RS Guest

You are breaking one of the most basic "rules" in photography. Never have the main subject in the center of the photo, it looks "yearbook".

4. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

rule of thirds is great stuff. I just wish they made a camera where you had the grid, would help SO much in composing a photo.

5. 2.5RS

2.5RS Guest

To true.

Nice pics though.

6. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

i don't like all the wires in the first two shots :sad2:

love the dog pic

7. Konowl

Konowl New Member

rule of thirds?

8. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

Konowl, the rule of thirds is a basic princle of photography and videography. In it, you take your frame and visualize it as divides it into 3 evenly spaced parts both horizontally and vertically (basically, a mental tic-tac-toe board) and then you guide the components of your image by those lines, prefferably placing focal points where the lines intersect.

I also disagree that this picture breaks a basic rule of photography, in that rules are meant to be broken. If you understand rule of thirds, it is ok to put things in the middle sometimes as long as all of your pictures are not framed that way. I really like the dog picture and will say for the record that the first thing I am drawn to in this picture is the right ear sticking up which is not in the center of the frame.

The telephone wire pictures I am not so into though. I like the ide behind them but the blown out lights in the houses behind them bother me.

9. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

awww, its a pretty puppy....