Opinions on this potential system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scott P, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

Pioneer Dehp8000r headunit (until it dies or I replace it with the Alpine 9815)
    Polk/Momo MM525 in all four doors
    Polk/Momo C400.4 to power them at 4ohms
    Polk/Momo MM124 in a sealed box
    Polk/Momo C500.1 to power it at 4ohms
    JBL GTX47 Crossover with imaging enhacer
    1 farad capacitor to ease the burden. . .

(also i would order the speakers and amps for 605.41 shipped. is that a decent price?)

What do ya'll think?

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

other than looks and to keep it all uniform, why momo... when you could easily go cheaper, and achieve the same outcome???

3. Scott P

I really like the way the momo speakers sound. granted it is a little over kill but the speakers are severly discounted through an accommodations and would like to stay with polk. the amps i'm not completely sold on since they are still so new and I haven't had a chance to test them. but yes the main reason i am looking at them is to keep it all in the polk family

4. 04

04 Guest

Don't bother with the capacitor unless you start to have problems with dimming headlights, because thats really all it will fix.

You might want to just do front speakers too. :dunno:

Is that JBL crossover a 2-way or 3-way crossover? If you want to bi-amplifiy your midranges and tweeters, you are going to have to gain an additional 2 amplifier channels. However, if its just a sub crossover, it will work fine.

5. Scott P

it is a 4 channel crossover, with an extra output for the subwoofer ( I am assuming that it is there for those who would not have had sub preouts on the HU). Nonetheless I am only going to be using it for the door speakers. Also I though about just forgoing any rearfill, but i tend to keep my sub levels tuned to a level to provide bass but not overwhelm the mids and highs (i care much more for sq then spl) but given what i had done with lesser speakers in a similar set up using this HU and Crossover I don't think that my rearfill will be rendered inconsequential.