Opinions on the iPod?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Goat, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Jan 23, 2002
    I've been thinking of getting a portable MP3 player for a while but I've never really looked into it too hard. After semi-browsing the market, I'm starting to lean towards a 5GB iPod. The interface seems really easy to use, it's not too large, plus it'll hold plenty of music. I really don't need a 10 or 20 gig, plus I'd rather not spend over $300 for one. Can anyone who owns/knows anything about these offer me some opinions? I use Windows but I've heard that getting the Mac and just buying some conversion software is better, is this true? Thanks in advance.
  2. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

Apple's site claims MusicMatch, the popular music management software will do transfer with no addition software needed. You need IEEE1394 port or commonly referred to as FireWire.

The iPod itself is a very good player but at $299 is abit too rich for my blood, personally. It does offer the best bang for the buck overall. Good looks, versatile (use as a mobile harddrive on Macs), light, holds alot of music... excellent overall.
  3. xuphrus

xuphrus Guest

I'm pretty sure a windows version is coming out in a couple of weeks, thats when i'm gonna buy it.
  4. TurboDerek

TurboDerek My favorite meal is horsemeat and rice.

Jul 13, 2001
    iPod is great I have a 10G one I use at work. It transfer data fast, nice interface with calander, contacts, and breakout. I also use it to transfer files and is bootable. And it plays MP3s.