LGBT Opinions on shirt/tie combo

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Filmboy44, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

2. skybreaker

skybreaker Guest

awww.
    i love it.
    you're really kinda cute and the combination is not too remarkable (google-translated. don't know if this is the right word. :wtc: ).

go for it! :bigthumb:

3. coma

coma New Member

You can't wear a striped shirt w/a striped tie. That is the rule.:squint:

4. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

It looks good.

People on the main forum wear wolf t-shirts - i wouldn't listen to any of them.

5. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

yeah, you're supposed to mix patterns, and I'm fairly certain that diagonal stripes don't quite count as a different pattern from vertical stripes. It doesn't necessarily look bad at all, it just could be better.

Also, and this is just personal preference, but that tie is too bright for me. I dunno whether it's the flash, but that thing looks day-glo yellow and orange. If it were a little more subdued and didn't jump out so much, then I think it would've worked out a litte better. The fall lines are in now, you can pick up some really nice autumn colors that would be a little more suitable IMO.

If it's any consolation, you're a damn good-looking guy with an awesome build, so as long as what you're wearing isn't a complete nightmare I don't think many people will notice. :bigthumb:

6. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

The rule is to mix patterns, but I agree with the above sectioned statement.

7. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

thank you for your compliments guys :)

also, for the record the tie isn't that bright, could be the flash I dunno...but the tie actually pulls out the orange in the shirt a lot more in person. I had my date come over and I drove, and she would have told me if it was too much. NOt the kind of person to keep her opinions to herself if you know what I mean :)

I like it, and the guy at the store I bought it from loved it...he actually recommended that and several of the female staff agreed with him...so I'll take their word for it I suppose

8. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

I dig it. Looks better than a plain jane suit

9. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

:)

10. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Looks good. I have some similiar 'suits' I wear... they can look great and make you stand out.

Guy to the right wearing black has a good look minus that stupid hat.

11. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I don't mean to be rude or anything but that lady has so much make up on that Michelangelo could refresco the cieling of the sistine chapel by taking all the stuff of her face...that is, if you could bring him back to life...

the double stripe thing, eh...eh...see, my problem is that the shirt and tie have a lot going on and the suite has nothing going on.

Daddio's (the guy on the right) ensamble looks good although I don't know what he's looking at. :squint:

12. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

:ugh:

13. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

As the rest said, you should mix patters. But that looks good on you all the same :o

14. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

looks good imo, with the blazer. Without the blazer to hide how in your face that shirt is, i'd hate it.

I hate ties myself. I try not to wear them, but i got the magenta/purple one handy when the time is right ;)

15. Jaycee0521

Jaycee0521 New Member

I think it looks awful... dunno whats up with the patterns and the colors... its just bad.

16. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

ugh... bad. just bad.

17. boiwunder

boiwunder New Member

I saw it on the main forum and was too lazy to post, I like all of it independantly but together the shirt and tie are a big no-no. It is all nice stuff though

18. cedric

As long as we're on the subject of shirts and ties. What do you guys think about this combo? I'm really diggin the pink. It doesn't look quite so shiny as in the pic. I know what I think, but wouldn't mind a second opinion. http://uploads.offtopic.com/files/kcole.jpg

19. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

hard to say. I mean I wouldn't wear anything like that together. I like the tie....not feelin' the shirt

20. cedric

yeah, I was a little hesitant at first, but I brought my "consultant" with me. I tried on about 4 different shirts with the tie. One was solid blue. Too plain. Another had lots of vertical stripes. Too busy; it just didn't look right. Yet another had 2 different blue stripes. Very blah. The last was this one with the pinstripes. It was unanimous, the pinstripes set off the pink in the tie nicely...at least we thought so. :hs:

21. Jaycee0521

Jaycee0521 New Member

well, atleast its a huge improvement from the other one's combo...