Opinions on Pioneer Reciever?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by D3vilz, Nov 7, 2002.

1. D3vilz

D3vilz Guest

I was thinking about buying a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP CD/MP3 RECEIVER.

Im looking to spend around $200 for a mp3/cd reciever.

I have found some on ebay for 224.99 and on www.thezeb.com for 229.99

Anyone have any opinions on them?
  2. ASUMatte0

ASUMatte0 Guest

best cdplayer i have owned :bigthumb:
  3. D3vilz

D3vilz Guest

Sweet thanks.
  4. IspitHotFire

IspitHotFire 3 Greatest rappers of all time ? Dylan, Dylan, and

Oct 9, 2002
    Best I've ever owned as well. Sounddomain has em for 229.
  5. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2001
    i just purchased one for my girlfriend, very nice deck. not been installed yet but i owned a 7200 and i loved it.

if you have the money go for the 940mp, i also purchased a 940MP and it was well worth my money.
  6. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

Oct 21, 2002
    I guess there's one in every crowd (dissenter, that is) but I had a Pioneer Premier DEH-740MP and ended up returning it for a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X859 instead.

My main gripes about the Pioneer were as follows:
    • Unacceptable lag between MP3 tracks. Kenwood has a barely perceptible lag; much closer to traditional CD-Audio
    • Screen savers on the Pioneer were annoying. Even when in the standard Elapsed Time display, the screen would alternate between backlit and non-backlit to protect the display element from burning in.

This was beyond annoying, especially at night. The backlit mode would practically illuminate the damn interior of the car and cause glare on the windshield / side windows. And yes, I tried to dim it as much as possible but then the display became unreadable. Very frustrating.
    • The sound quality just wasn't "there" even with the unlimited gazillions of EQ options. In fact, I'd say that the EQ options are more complex than the vast majority of people will ever use -- so much so that it was an arduous task just to get decent sound out of them once you started "tweaking".
    • I didn't like the "Bling Bling" silver/gray faceplate on the Pioneer one bit. It stuck out like a Baptist preacher at a pimp convention in my black car interior.

The Kenwood has a touch of silver here and there but overall the look of the deck blends in with the car's dash. I can tolerate a little flash, but the Pioneer was just gaudy.

Anyway, your opinions and experiences might vary... :big grin: