opinions on OZ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

2. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

i like one of their subs... not sure of the model, their components sound ok too

3. SockCymbal

SockCymbal New Member

be more specific....their subs? speakers?

I've had a ME 12", and it was amazing. played JUST like an IDMAX but for about 1/3 the cost. Very loud, and very tight.

4. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Their Elite stuff is pretty good.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

well, don't really know if it's the same company as old Oz Audio, but Kirk Perry set an SQ record using Oz Audio. 1st one to score a 40 on the RTA.

bonus points for anyone that can elaborate on the vehicle AND the setup of it.

edit: i looked them up, it is the same company, they just merged with JTi.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  6. beef316

beef316 New Member

80s style Pontiac LeManns rear seat driver. Kick panels w/ 2 5.25s and 1 tweeter each. 5 or 6 AP loaded OZ 12s firing down and vented to the outside of the trunk. Lots of tweed. Pretty trick for its day.

At the time the a perfect score on the RTA was very difficult as the processing was not what it is today. The record RTA score has been a marketing tool for about 12 years now. Today it is much easier to be perfect on the RTA.

As for the subwoofers most of the OZ subs are very nice. The only exception would be the Vector series. They were more of an entry level. They were good but not great. The Matrix series is outstanding. The older Power Matrix were one of the pioneers in larger surrounds allowing for greater xmax and SPL. The newer matrix elite series are very nice, but in my experience they do not play as low w/ as much ease as the original Power Matrix.

The components are very nice as well. The Matrix Elite series seems to be very much the same as the original set used to create the pefect RTA score. The biggest change would be to the crossover. An upgraded and prettier crossover is used in the newer systems.

Bonus points? :)

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

+40! :mamoru: