Opinions on Lanzar equipment please?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mister Mac', Jun 12, 2002.

1. Mister Mac'

Mister Mac' Av: Daniela Denby-Ashe in Torchwood S1Ep7

OK, I'm looking for an amp to run my Sony 15" sub, but I'm on an extremely tight budget. I'm looking for at least 250-300W RMS, and there aren't many amps in my price range with that kind of power, so far I've found about 4 :o

Anyway, one of the cheaper brands I found is Lanzar. I've never heard of them before, are they :cool: or :down: ?

Also, are their EQs any good?

Thanks

2. LegendTodd

LegendTodd Guest

Whats your price range?

3. LegendTodd

LegendTodd Guest

Ampman has a USX2100 for $180 shipped with a warranty and fits your power range. Kirk's a great guy and I've never had any problems doing business with him.

4. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

They're more of an entry level company, but they are decent. I would take them over like power acoustik and rockwood and kenford and all that.

5. Mister Mac'

That's within my price range (up to ~$200 US), but I doubt it would be available at that price here. :( I don't have a CC, and shipping to Australia is usually very expensive. :doh:

Here's the site I've been looking at, BTW:
    http://www.hifidirect.com.au/

This one is slightly out of my range, but I'm considering it.
    http://www.hifidirect.com.au/product.asp?product=LZR-VIBR225

I can get a 450W RMS amp for $335 AU (~$170 US), but I'm not sure of the quality :ugh:

I wanted to get a Sony amp to match the rest of my system, but they only have 2 models, 80W RMS for $250 and 300W for $600... :bash:

6. 04

04 Guest

Id say it would be ok. My brother has a Lanzar vibe 1200D, and so far no problems with it. It will sound just fine, but it probably doesnt put out as much power as it claims to. For that 15" Sony sub, it should work just fine though. By the way, how did it work out for you?

7. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

back in the day lanzar was pretty nice now days theyve just cheapend em up. If you can get it cheap enough get it. You should be fine with it. other wise look at some other brands. Maybe try to find a used Crossfire BMF600D to run it or maybe a TEK150.2 both would power that sub to its max and you could also use it if you ever plan to upgrade to new subs

8. Mister Mac'

Thanks for the help! :cool:

I still can't decide :( The cheap-brand 450W amp (which produces around 375W RMS) is exactly the same price as the 250W Lanzar (I worked out there's no way I'll be able to get the 400W model). The Lanzar is only available by Internet order, postage is free, but I may have to wait a fortnight, and I don't have a CC so I'll have to find some other payment method.

On the other hand, the other amp is only available from one shop, and I don't know if they have any in stock. If they don't, I might have to wait up to a month.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The worst part is, I have $1000 worth of my old uni textbooks and computer equipment for sale locally, but nobody has even called :mad: :wtc: If only I could shift them, I could get any amp I liked...

9. Mister Mac'

BTW, I just completed the sub box. :) I don't have any pics of it yet (no digicam) but here are the original plans:

[​IMG]

And here's how the window was done (Not to scale)

[​IMG]

10. Mister Mac'

I bought the 450W Response amp yesterday :) Unfortunately it was faulty, so I had to take it back today :doh:

Anyway, the replacement works perfectly :) So I'm hoping to complete the system late this week :cool:

11. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

I hate my rockwood, id like it to burn in hell, my jensen has way better sq than that. Not to mention 1/2 the amp kinda just stopped working, lol. And dont forget Xloud either.

12. Mister Mac'

The box is in the car, the amp is connected (temporarily) and everything's going fine :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'll be doing a medium-volume test tomorrow, I can't turn it up at all right now because my parents are home :o