GUN Opinions On DPMS AR's Please?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PUREVIL, Oct 13, 2006.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

I've been toying with the idea of buying an AR and a few people I've talked to really liked the DPMS guns. They told me to follow their (DPMS) break in guidelines and I will have no problems. Any thoughts? Im new to this whole "assualt" rifle scene so dont laugh if I dont know what Im talking about.

But what I can tell is the rifle is a flat top model with a 16 inch barrel, with no front site on the barrel, no carry handle, 5 position stock, has a different grip (looks beefier than the other ones on display HAHA SORRY), and he said it had an upgraded bolt, which was silver with some machine marks on it (looked cool), quad rail hand guard, with a smaller quad rail block in front of it. HAHAHA im going to get tore apart. The scope Im looking at buying is an Acog TA31DOC. The scope was badass its not like any other Acog I've seen, it has a lil redot type reticle for quick acquistion and isn't magnified that sits on top of the 4X main sight. The gun is 1200, the scope is 1200 and the surefire foregrip with light was like 500. I was thinking about doing the bare minimum scope and rifle, and getting the surefire later. oh and it comes with 2 30rd mags. He mentioned that in Jan 07 I can buy a Surefire sound suppressor from him for 1200 if wanted too, which im debating. HAHAHA

Aside from the toys, is the DPMS rifle a good rifle for a noob such as myself? I wanna join the Tacticool crew

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not that big of a fan of them they've had problems in the past currently they seem to of improved though :dunno: I would suggest just building your own its fun and teaches you how the rifle functions. Wait he wants $1200 for the rifle? or thats what he has into it? I wouldnt pay $1200 for that.

3. PUREVIL

The shop wants $1200. Its a new rifle if that matters? I'd like to build my own but like I said Im a rifle noob so I'd probably F it up. HAHAHAHAHA

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

It's not that hard, I built my own with no prior experience with an AR.

5. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

I wouldn`t either.That kinda $$,you can build one realy sweet ass rig.Or even pick up a Bushy,Stag,RRA,and modd it up to the way you like it.One thing though,i`de pick up the ACOG.but,they can be found a bit cheaper with alil searching.

6. PUREVIL

I was ebaying the model I was looking at and they want 1450. So I thought 1200 was decent.... I did see other models for 700ish.

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As others are saying its really not that difficult to build one at all. If you want a new complete rifle go over to the EE on ar15.com you'll find a much better deal, but for $1200 you can build a really sweet setup.

8. PUREVIL

OK I will do more research. Thanks guys.

9. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

10. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

my rifle was all DPMS parts. and seriously if and idiot like myself can buld one u can too. the worst thing u can do is send a couple of small springs flying and lose em. which i did and had to order some spares. the basic rifle from parts kit was around $800 for me. u can get some good upgrades for the $400 and get to chose them yourself. its probably better because u get exactly what u want and not just something that looks cool at the store.

as for the brand quality i think it right in the middle, comparable to any other brands i guess.