GUN opinions on american made AK's

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jefferson Darcy, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

like Arsenal USA and Arsenal inc?

2. In most cases, companies like those are actually the importers of the weapons. Arsenal USA Sells Bulgarian and some Hungarian AK's, while Arsenal INC sells strictly Bulgarian AK's (SA-M7) and other products.

As for the weapons...

First off, I've been an AK collector and enthusiast for 4 years now and I've been a member of AK-47.net since 2001. Both companies, Arsenal USA and Arsenal INC, offer outstanding and quality AK-47's. The SSR and SA-M# series are hands down the best new post ban AK's avalaible on the market right now. Even if Norinco/ Polytech were still importing, the Arsenal companies would give them a run for their money.

Their prices are a little high, but if you compare the quality of their rifles to a romanian or other variant, it's well worth it. Some people have reported shooting 2" groups at 100 yards with SA-M7's right out of the box. For an AK, that's unheard of. These rifles also have Steyr chrome lined barrels that will outlast the receiver itself.

Buy one.

3. Jefferson Darcy

Yea I'm gonna buy one I'm just gonna wait till after the ban and get a folder maybe....

I also heard that one of those companies will be offering AKs built on stamped recievers soon (so they will cost less).

EDIT:

its arsenal inc thats planning on making the stamped AKs soon.... supposed tobe alot cheaper. Hopefully in the $300 range :x:

more than that is expensive for an AK :sad2:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2004
  4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Most of the domestic made AK's are good, the one to stay away from is HESSE they've recently changed there name and unfortuenntly I dont recall what their calling themselves now. I will be getting myself a nice underfolder soon

5. Jefferson Darcy

hesse calls themselves vulcan arms now....

anyway I'm gonna get an arsenal inc rifle when they come out with the stamped ones.

Hopefully they will be around the $400 mark... I want two, a fixed stock and an underfolder.

6. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

you are going to be waiting a long time...

7. Jefferson Darcy

why is that? The ban ends midnight, 9/13/04. Congress recessed for the summer, and they have 4 days in sept to renew it... and they have made NO progress.

Arsenal Inc. uses bulgarian parts, but enoug US parts to be considered a US made rifle and not an import... sooooo the only thing stopping them from building an underfolder is the AWB (see above). Arsenal inc already makes a pinned underfolder.... whats to stop them from making a functional one on 9/13/04?

8. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

it will be reinstated...how could you possibly think otherwise :ugh:

9. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

considering the ban has been around probably longer than you have been alive....i don't see it comming to an end any time soon

10. Jefferson Darcy

:slap: you must think we are talking about the ban on FULLY automatic weapons... and even that has not been aroyund longer than i have been alive, thats only been around since 1986. They have been heavily regulated since 1934 tho...

BUT this has NOTHING to do with the laws for automatic weapons, were talking about the ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN which was passed in 1994 and is set to expire on 9/13/04. There are 4 legistative days to pass it, and it has not even been debated in the house or senate, and the house leadership is STRONGLY opposed to an extension. The senate leadership is opposed too.

Please do yourself a favor and have an idea what you are talking about before you post something that makes you sound ignorant.

11. Jefferson Darcy

even the people who support that law know it is not going to be reinstated before it expires

12. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

:uh: considering i have my own FFL #, sell guns, distribute guns....i think you, yourself should read up on a few things :slap:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?page=awb

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  13. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

well, please, mr. FFL, tell us what fantastic insight into the legislative process makes you so optimistic on seeing the ban renewed in the next few days?

14. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

days no, months yes....all the info on why is should (and will be) reinstated is in print on the website

the ban has served its purpose and the statistics show it

15. footratfunkface

oh, ok. i believe you now.

oh, by the way, among nearly everything on that site being complete bullshit, i'll pick this one apart particularly:

now, NO agents were killed by any branch davidians. they were killed by other agents. agents shooting into one side of the compound shot through the house and out the other side, hitting the other agents on the roof with them. as for wounding, oh well. and every single one of those firearms were completely legal. in fact, the FBI already had seen those firearms. they had an undercover agent inside the compound. koresh showed him the whole armory at least once. they also knew that koresh went and got ice cream at the same place, same time, every week. they chose to, rather than seizing him then and there, assault the compound and set it on fire.

also, you don't get an FFL NUMBER. you get an FFL. you don't tell people you got your driver's license nubmer, you tell them you got your license. you're completely full of shit.

as for the effectiveness of the AWB, the CDC and the FBI have both released reports in the last year that have stated that the AWB was ineffective. the CDC report actually addressed ALL types of 2nd amendment infringements, and stated that none of them were effective at reducing crime. theirs was a 10-year study.

and to further provoke you, you STILL haven't said why you think it WILL be reinstated. you've given us a link to the brady website, which may explain why you THINK it should be reinstated, but not what evidence leads you to believe that it will. any time you want answer that one, go ahead.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  16. Jefferson Darcy

first of all, they dont have months, they have 4 legislative days. Sure, they can reinstate it a few months after the sunset, BUT then everyone who wanted to will have already put their evil features on, and/or bought new guns.

I just read about Colt's entry to the SCAR program... it sounds like it even beats out LMT's MRP... so I'll definately be getting one of those. But do you even know what I'm talking about Mr FFL?

But wait, let me get this straight, you hold an FFL, distribute guns and agree with the AWB and think of the BRADY CAMPAIGN as a reliable source of information?!?!?!

take one of the guns from your inventory and kill yourself.

But I think you are an FFL holder like John Kerry is a gun owner and 2nd amendment supporter. Eitehr that or you have alot of money in PRE BANS and dont want to lose out on your investment.

17. Jefferson Darcy

you claimed the ban was made before I was born.... which means either you were talking out of your ass or you think I'm under 10 years old.

and sorry, I dont get my facts from the brady campaign.

18. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

reply is so stupid, i'm not even going to bother with a reply :rofl: :ugh:

seems i have hit a sensitive area with you two :rofl:

19. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

you refering to this? [​IMG] :rofl:

20. Jefferson Darcy

yea thats the LMT MRP....

no pictures of the Colt entry has been released yet.... its supposed to be similar, have a one peice reciever/rail system, quick change barrel system BUT unlike the MRP uses mil spec barrels. I'm very interested.

21. footratfunkface

22. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

:eek3: :rofl:

Ok ok, that confirms it, you're bullshitting

23. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

When are SAR-1s gonna be imported again?

edit: and :rofl: at "Mr. Supposed FFL" above.

24. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

yeah sorry i didn't have any home photos :ugh:

25. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

www.centuryarms.com :o

Edit: you don't have access to dealer section

also, why wouldn't you just get a WSAR 10