GUN opinions on a CZ52...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by soccaian, Jan 14, 2005.

1. soccaian

soccaian New Member

I've been looking to purchase an "excellent" condition CZ52 from AIMsurplus.com for a few weeks now, and i'm curious if anyone on here has ever fired one, or owns one. i love old C&R guns, and the 7.62x25 seems like a decent little round.

let me know what you think...

2. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I have one, I like it. And the gun sure gathers attention at the indoor ranges.

I also love that it is so over engineered. I think you could shoot .223 out of that frame.

3. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Not the #1 gun for defensive purposes, but still good for a target gun. Good AP capabilities too.

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

7.62 x 25 was the 5.7 before the 5.7 was cool.

If you get one I'm sure you already know not to dry fire the CZ52.

5. san408

san408 New Member

My Dad has one, and I'll be buying mine as soon as the C&R gets here. I shoot it every time we go to the range or go plinking. It's a nice little round and a nice little gun. A guy we know reloads hollow points. They make a mess of pumpkins.

6. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

I have one, and I really enjoy shooting it. Well built, never had a problem with it. Just make sure to stay away from the hot 7.62x25 "machine gun" ammo.

And is it my imagination, or is my CZ52 louder than my .45?

[​IMG]

7. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

Wow, just noticed the safety was off when I took that picture, wtf?!?!

8. Anybody else experience an ungodly amount of trigger slap when shooting your CZ-52? Mine bites the hell out of my finger!

9. Who gives a fuck? It's not like your flash is going to make a round go off.

10. Volkl

Volkl New Member

A lot of indoor ranges don't allow them, so if that is where you shoot, check first. I guess this gun is known to put holes in the roofs of ranges. Also, I have heard the firing pin is pretty weak.

11. soccaian

soccaian New Member

my range is an unsupervised outdoor range, so no worries there. i plan on upgrading the firing pin and recoil spring

12. Deicide101

Deicide101 Guest

Never heard that before, sounds like operator error. Most 7.62 Tok is capable of penetrating IIIA body armor, so I'm not surprised if it goes through the roof, then again, alot of bullets will do that.

BTW: Be careful what surplus ammo you run through the CZ52, there are three levels of power, the first two levels will be consumed easily by the CZ, the first level was designed for the Tokarev pistol, and the second level was for the second gen handguns (like the CZ). The third level was designed to be used in SMGs, this'll blow your gun apart.

It is, but it's unlikely to break unless you dry-fire it. Replacements can be bought from www.makarov.com

13. soccaian

soccaian New Member

i know aimsurplus is selling romanian 1980's surplus 7.62x25 ammo for a very reasonable price... i wish i knew if it was the overpowered ammo or if it was proper for consumption in the cz52