A&P Opinions needed: Cannon A640

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Smelly-Kitten, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Smelly-Kitten

Smelly-Kitten Dept. of Redundancy Department *Side Pipes

I really like the way this camera looks (every friggin cannon is silver) and that it's 10mp, but does it warrent being much more expensive? I can find it for $265 shipped but an A630 is basically the same thing but 8mp and silver and can be found for $182 shipped.
    Also w/ cannon you get the low light needing flash problem, unless you use a higher ISO which makes it noisy, can you guys recommend a better camera?
    [​IMG]

2. Smelly-Kitten

no suggestions?

3. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

Last time I checked, low light requiring high ISO/flash isn't a Canon specific issue.

4. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

no, but the poor high iso performance is an issue with most point and shoots. look into the fuji f series. i've got an older f10 and i can get great pics at 400, and some usable pics at 800 or 1600.

5. Smelly-Kitten

yeah distortion 400ISO and above is a real problem for cannon, after reading more reviews that sight the A640 as having a "less, but not amazing" reduction in noiseyness over lower models i picked on up for $264 shipped, should be a nice camera for what i shoot. If not, oh well - it's just an A series, cant expect pure poetry.