SRS Opinions about Tom Leykis?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by carvaggio, Nov 15, 2006.

1. carvaggio

carvaggio New Member

Lately I have been listening to this guy and he says things that really make sense! But I am not sure if following his footsteps for the rest of my life is appropriate because I would love to get married/have kids, etc.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

He is very smart about very few things IMO.

however for me, personally, I pretty much hate 99% of everything else he says. Mainly because his stance on women is completely different for me. His whole thing is just about getting slutty girls and getting sex and treating women like crap. So most of his stuff is pretty bad for me.

He is right on some of the bigger issues, he actually has some pretty good tips on some of the more serious stuff. However for most of the everyday life....it's all crap to me :dunno:

3. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Well, if you'd love to get married and have kids, then maybe listening to Leykis isn't such a good idea.

He does make a lot of sense but he also speaks from experience. He has been burned by women a few too many times I think and I think this is where his "Leykis 101" theory comes from. Leykis 101 is strictly for guys looking to get laid and Tom makes no bones about that. He also says that marriage is basically for guys wanting to have a family. I've listened to his show for about 10 years. However, I've noticed in the last two years he's become very bitter and angry towards women.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who absolutely hates Leykis. If anything, I have absolutely no use for most women (and I happen to be a woman). I just happen to have noticed he's changed and not for the better.

4. carvaggio

carvaggio New Member

Thanks for the replies. I have had many experiences where men(the type that would want a family, kids, etc.) have called in and lykis just puts them in their place, and it seems to me that he has an explanation for everything. Personally, I believe that being rude, not giving compliments, etc. does get you laid. My girlfriend isn't really happy about me listening to him and I told her that I will continue listening to him , but when I think about it, I'm in a serious relationship, so his stuff doesn't really apply to my everyday life, so what's the point?

5. pixing

pixing New Member

6. McFly

McFly New Member

I have listened to him for over 10 years and always find his show entertaining. He doesn't just talk about banging chicks, there are many other topics and he has excellent views on them.

His best advice is on saving and investing, and if you are going to get married, make sure to have a prenup. His other advice on getting chicks will work. There are plenty of dumb airhead broads out there that are suckers for that crap. I personally am not into the loser/slut type girls. I have used the successful nice guy thing with great success and the girls I meet are quality.
    You attract what you are, that's my opinion.

As far as him being a wifebeater, he has explained the details of that story many times on air and it is false.
    - He was never convicted of anything and ALL charges were dropped.

7. Sonick

Sonick New Member

I think Leykis does good radio, and has some interesting insights.

But above all, he does a radio show, designed to entertain. It's not the first place I would go looking for life's answers.

8. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Yet there are nude photos of Dr. Laura all over the Internet but nobody seems to use that against HER.

The fact that you foudn this on thhesmokinggun.com says something. That, and Leykis has explained the whole situation umpteen times on the air.

9. KennyVendetta

KennyVendetta New Member

I love this guy! He is very harsh and stern on his rules for dating but I think it is neccesary. Men have become so pussified nowadays that his views are a smack in the face.

If you are nice guy that wants to fall in love and believes in happily ever after then Tom Leykis is for you. You may not agree with what he says but he will at lest get you thinking.

10. carvaggio

carvaggio New Member

Some interesting opinions....thanks a lot

11. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

As ironic as this may seem...I am a happily married man with a child and owe all this happiness to his show. I was a pussyhurt guy getting walked over by my girlfriend when I discovered his show about 10 years ago. I eventually realized what was going on...that I could/should do better and I got out of the relationship. Or in proper show lingo, I "dumped that bitch". I tried to follow Leykis 101 for awhile and had a good time...I also discovered what it was like to feel like a man. Not the pussyhurt door mat that I had once been. Then, eventually, with age, I used those lessons/experience and found a woman that was right for me, rather than just "what I could get". Now, years later, I still listen to the show, but mostly for entertainment purposes.

12. limsoup

limsoup OT Supporter

the man sounded like he was pretty good at looking out for himself and just himself I guess.
    however, in certain situations, a lot of people don't look out for themselves first and care more about somebody else, and that can sometimes work out for that person and their conscience. you have to go where your moral compass points you.
    people scream misogynist at his more serious words, (because if you take him 100% serious most of the time, well lol) but some people would just say that the advice is self serving, and seems misogynistic because these sorts of things are the things that a guy can even have a chance to do in the context of a romantic/sexual relationship.
    I don't like him though, he sounds like a jackass who thinks he knows how life works for everybody, and what everybody should care about.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Tom doesn't say don't get married and have kids.

He says make sure she signs a prenuptial agreement, and don't have kids until you can afford it and are sure you want them.

Like he points out, there is no guarantee your kids will even like you, or vice versa.

I love the show, I think its great to have a guy on the radio telling it like it is.

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

He freely admits he has been married several times.

The difference is, he gets prenups so when they divorce its no big deal for him.